Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How strongly do you feel before entering a relationship from dating?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014

How strongly are you supposed to feel for someone after a few months of dating for a relationship?

I was told by a guy he hadnt 'emotionally bonded' yet but surely enjoying their company, texting loads, saying you like them as more than a friend, finding tem attractive, telling your friends you are seeing someone is emotionally attached enough to see them more..
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys are generally more reluctant to get into relationships than girls. I have been in several situations like yours above and at the end of the day those guys are never going to be ready. With my last boyfriend he was just like "so....are we together?" after about a month of seeing each other. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

(Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Guys are generally more reluctant to get into relationships than girls. I have been in several situations like yours above and at the end of the day those guys are never going to be ready. With my last boyfriend he was just like "so....are we together?" after about a month of seeing each other. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
    Why are they never going to be ready?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why are they never going to be ready?
    well I just think if after a few months of getting to know someone you still aren't sure if you want to be with them then they're maybe not the right person. Some guys just don't do relationships until they're a bit older (girl's mature a lot quicker in that respect I guess). This is just my experience and by no means a universal truth!

(Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    well I just think if after a few months of getting to know someone you still aren't sure if you want to be with them then they're maybe not the right person. Some guys just don't do relationships until they're a bit older (girl's mature a lot quicker in that respect I guess). This is just my experience and by no means a universal truth!
    Yeah I guess you are right. I am trying not to feel too down about it.. He knew one of his exes for 7 months before a relationship and the other 2 exes he wasn't too bothered about. I guess his heart is quire picky.

But when you get into a relationship with someone how strongly do you feel for them?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For me it took me having a drunken epiphany before realising I wanted to date the guy.
    though in that case, he was straddling the line of being friendzoned so not quite the same
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is no "supposed to", you do it when it feels right

It may well be that he's just a commitment-phobe/field player, comme moi
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I feel like bending her over a kitchen table...

Not sure if that's a strong feeling or not.

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    There is no "supposed to", you do it when it feels right

It may well be that he's just a commitment-phobe/field player, comme moi
    Is that what it sounds like the guy i am referring to is? rather than being uninterested?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lad-lad)
    I feel like bending her over a kitchen table...

Not sure if that's a strong feeling or not.
    Lollol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is that what it sounds like the guy i am referring to is? rather than being uninterested?
    Aye it does sound that way, though with more mature guys the ratio of call time to txt time can be quite telling..

e.g. txting a lot isn't necessarily indicative of deep/romantic interest, whereas calling a girl up usually is

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.