The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography (Human) 18th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sophie5
We don't get to know what we got on the coursework, but i did the physical paper last year and got an A*, how about you? :smile:

I got an A* and an A*/A (hasn't been moderated yet so don't know) in my coursework:smile: How is revision going for this Monday's exam going? Is it your last exam too?
Reply 21
Original post by SmileAway
I got an A* and an A*/A (hasn't been moderated yet so don't know) in my coursework:smile: How is revision going for this Monday's exam going? Is it your last exam too?

Oh snap! Im hoping that grade boundaries dont go up this year, so we stay on a*s! Oh gawd, ive barely even begun how about you? The aqa gcse book is really good and detailed i find though- so fingers crossed and no it isnt- unfortunatly i have chemistry unit 1 on friday :rolleyes:, but then thats it :biggrin: no more GCSES. It seems like they have all gone soooo fast!
Reply 22
Original post by sophie5
Oh snap! Im hoping that grade boundaries dont go up this year, so we stay on a*s! Oh gawd, ive barely even begun how about you? The aqa gcse book is really good and detailed i find though- so fingers crossed and no it isnt- unfortunatly i have chemistry unit 1 on friday :rolleyes:, but then thats it :biggrin: no more GCSES. It seems like they have all gone soooo fast!

I know! All of me and my friends were talking about how fast they're over...I can't actually believe I will have finished by monday..it's crazy! :biggrin:

I am using CGP book for revision, its perfect; since everything I am studying (all 3 topics) have been condensed into 27 pages :wink: Because I get bored so easily reading the normal textbooks since topics can stretch onto like 50 pages:/ I have finished one topic so far, now I have two to go:smile:
Reply 23
I know! All of me and my friends were talking about how fast they're over...I can't actually believe I will have finished by monday..it's crazy! :biggrin:

I am using CGP book for revision, its perfect; since everything I am studying (all 3 topics) have been condensed into 27 pages :wink: Because I get bored so easily reading the normal textbooks since topics can stretch onto like 50 pages:/ I have finished one topic so far, now I have two to go:smile:

Ah to think you'll be off relaxing while im revising Chemistry,:rolleyes: lucky you!
What topics are you doing? :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by sophie5
Ah to think you'll be off relaxing while im revising Chemistry,:rolleyes: lucky you!
What topics are you doing? :smile:

Haha...oh well, you'll be off on Friday:biggrin: I am doing population, development gap, and tourism; what about you?:smile:
Reply 25
Haha...oh well, you'll be off on Friday:biggrin: I am doing population, development gap, and tourism; what about you?:smile:

Well, on the bright side, some people carry on into the next week so if you look at it that way im lucky :biggrin: , im doing the exact same topics as you!!We shall be able to compare the exam directly afterwards :colone:
66/75 for 100% ums...
Reply 27
Original post by Dannyboy1236
66/75 for 100% ums...

Is that what you got or are you saying thats what we need for 100 UMS? :smile:
Original post by sophie5
Is that what you got or are you saying thats what we need for 100 UMS? :smile:

I haven't done it yet...just saying that's what it was last year. Quite low, in my opinion.
I was 2 marks off a* in physical, quite disappointing that I got a B in coursework seen as I put so much effort in:frown: need 119 ums for an a grade overall :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by sophie5
I am also doing : Tourism, Development Gap and Population change :smile:, it seems
to be quite a popular combination on TSR

me too :smile: and yeah a lot of people seem to be doing it!
how prepared are you? i haven't started case studies yet :s-smilie:
Reply 31
Original post by Melissajanex
I was 2 marks off a* in physical, quite disappointing that I got a B in coursework seen as I put so much effort in:frown: need 119 ums for an a grade overall :smile:

Oh god, what a shame! But do you know what, apparently most people found the june 2012 paper much harder than our one so the grade boundaries may move down - in which case you may find yourself scraping an a* :wink:
Reply 32
Original post by tamil4
me too :smile: and yeah a lot of people seem to be doing it!
how prepared are you? i haven't started case studies yet :s-smilie:

They all interlink- which is quite handy when revising!
Oh god, i havent even finished going through the first topig yet :tongue:
you?
Reply 33
Original post by Dannyboy1236
I haven't done it yet...just saying that's what it was last year. Quite low, in my opinion.

Oh right- i thought you meant you got that in the physical section! Yeah it was quite low
B - But I'm not very confident now, its unlikely i'll get an A this time
Reply 35
does anyone have any idea about what case studies might come up for development gap, population change and changing urban environments?
Hi guys- I got 150ums in the phsyical, and on my coursework i got a/a* boundary- roughly how many ums do i need for an overall a* (and what grade is that required ums)
Reply 37
Anybody doing Changing Rural Environments???

(i dont blame you if you're not...its the worst)
Reply 38
I got max UMS in the physical module then a C in my controlled assessment :frown: I'm doing urban environments, tourism & development. Any tips anyone?

Reply 39
I'm doing;
Changing urban enviroment
Globalisation
Tourism

Anyone any topics or questions that are likely to come up? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending