The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography (Human) 18th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kILLERm
Hey guys, do u reckon I still have a chance of achieving an A/A*. I accidently missed the question out where u had to name a physical and a human feature and also I only wrote about high infant mortality rates and the fact that it's upsetting for couples to see their children being aborted for the one child policy. I can't believe this! I've messed up my chances of achieving an A/A* overall.

it's still entirely possible for you to get an A or A* the one about human and physical features- was this where you had to lable the photo or the one about the pollution in the water?? And the one child policy as long as you explained it and put a couple of figures in, you will be fine honestly :smile: if you dont mind me asking, what did you get in physical geo exam and coursework because if your grades were high then those results may drag your grade up :biggrin:
Original post by pseudonymegg
Yeah, i thought the exam was ok :smile: urm population growth was about china's one child policy, economic migrants and impacts of migration the tourism was on mass tourism 8 marks urr, a 4 mark on the economic impacts of mass tourism there was also a question on the tourist life cycle model and the urban environments section had a question on sustainable cities and talked about why people are attracted to cities and what problems traffic congestion can cause... hope this helps, these are the only sections i did :biggrin:

WOW. I didn't study population growth/change because my teacher did not choose it. However, a lot really overlaps with AQA and Edexcel. I remember doing a chapter called 'a tourist world' which was similar to what you spoke about above. Also, population change and the effects of a growing population in urban areas in LICs was also similar to what you said above. However, we never have 8 mark questions. Are they difficult? :smile:
I really liked the topic of population change and migration. I did it in january - but i've finished Geography now! :smile:
Reply 422
it's still entirely possible for you to get an A or A* the one about human and physical features- was this where you had to lable the photo or the one about the pollution in the water?? And the one child policy as long as you explained it and put a couple of figures in, you will be fine honestly :smile: if you dont mind me asking, what did you get in physical geo exam and coursework because if your grades were high then those results may drag your grade up :biggrin:

Physical- 146
coursework- 90
Original post by Stephie Davis
areas that have no negative impacts and dont affect future generations... but now reading this i dont think that was right

yeah tha is right :biggrin:it's also like, behaving in a way which allows people now to get what they need without prohibiting other generations e.g. by not using all the resources
Original post by CurtisDean
WOW. I didn't study population growth/change because my teacher did not choose it. However, a lot really overlaps with AQA and Edexcel. I remember doing a chapter called 'a tourist world' which was similar to what you spoke about above. Also, population change and the effects of a growing population in urban areas in LICs was also similar to what you said above. However, we never have 8 mark questions. Are they difficult? :smile:
I really liked the topic of population change and migration. I did it in january - but i've finished Geography now! :smile:

ahh cool, urm not really you just need to put in facts etc :smile: hahah yeah me too after the exam today just waiting on results in August... though i am taking it for A level :smile:
Original post by kILLERm
Physical- 146
coursework- 90

so A and A* then i'm guessing as i believe ums for the exam was 170?? If this is correct then i'm sure you will only need a C to get an A overall but may need a higher grade for an A* :biggrin: but about the one about physical and human factors was this for the one about water pollution or where you had to label the picture???
ahh cool, urm not really you just need to put in facts etc :smile: hahah yeah me too after the exam today just waiting on results in August... though i am taking it for A level :smile:

Me too. Luckily, the exam board is Edexcel! So it will just be a continuation of some sort into AS level. I am really excited and I'm going to start revision this summer holiday because I really want to do well.
Can someone please tell me what was on the development gap section please
Well.. I sent my complaint all be it in an anonymous fashion however I told them exactly what I thought of some of their questions and also asked them to point out where the "What diagram is this?" is exactly in the specification :biggrin:
Original post by Dolanja
Same. If anyone did the countyside picture, what was your human attraction?

I did the countryside picture and for the human factor I put they have diversified farms so now there a new activities that attract tourists like petting farms, clay pigeon shooting, horse riding and archery :smile:
I think I did the butlers life cycle resort model wrong!! :/ as I put that blackpool has been in stagnation due the the competition between other tourist resorts such as Spain, where they have cheap package holidays which is more attractive due tithe hot climate as blackpools summer weather is very unreliable and I also put about the m55 built to make Blackpool more accessible and a car park at the end of the motorway to accommodate up to 6000 cars BUT then I also mentioned about how they are planning to rejuvenate the area but nothing has really gone underway so far ......
So u think that's ok? I also went in more detail with facts and figures but yeh :/
Reply 431
Original post by Maisie10
i put rejuvination as its recently been given £1.5 billion to improve everything :P i think everyone is ok on this question as long as you've backed up your answer

i put rejuvination for the lake district because they keep trying to improve it right?
Reply 432
Original post by James_01
What did people say for a sustainable town 8 marker?

i wrote about curitiba in brazil n how it has an integrated transport system nd recycles its rubbish, wrote loads wbu?
Original post by Calloftheking
Can someone please tell me what was on the development gap section please

Well the first question was on how physical factors can affect a country's level of development and there was stuff about international aid and projects in there! There was also stuff on trading groups :smile: and one EU policy which aims to reduce EU inequality :smile:
Original post by Maisie10
haha, i think it went pretty well except the mass tourism scenario which can be read above! 42-52 is probably an a! unless grade boundaries are really low when it'll be an a*...but obviously this is a complete guess based on past paper grade boundaries!

You'll be fine:wink:

Wonder if anyone on TSR made the fateful mistake of answering all of the questions?......:rolleyes:
Reply 435
I was replying to your comment saying that you don't need a gcse in maths to work it out. And I studied and learnt it yes but didn't write about it.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S
Reply 436
i think i ****ed up A or B i reckon i made 2 mistakes i wrote about bedzed instead of an actual city such as curitiba and i total forgot the tropics thing that is year 7 stuff =/ stupid aqa *****
Original post by russkiy
I was replying to your comment saying that you don't need a gcse in maths to work it out. And I studied and learnt it yes but didn't write about it.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S

yeah i know and i said that you're not the only person who has an A* in maths also if you didn't write about mass tourism then you lost 8 marks in your exam:L
Original post by appletree
i put rejuvination for the lake district because they keep trying to improve it right?

I think you had to mention a Coastal resort
Reply 439
Original post by WazzaF
i think i ****ed up A or B i reckon i made 2 mistakes i wrote about bedzed instead of an actual city such as curitiba and i total forgot the tropics thing that is year 7 stuff =/ stupid aqa *****

i wrote about bedzed as well, i think it should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending