Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Aapi27
I'm doing;
Changing urban enviroment
Globalisation
Tourism

Anyone any topics or questions that are likely to come up? Thanks :smile:

Look at past papers and check what are the 8 mark questions. They are really unlikely to come up again. Any case studies that hasn't appeared in the specification or in last year's exam may come up this year :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by Aapi27
I'm doing;
Changing urban enviroment
Globalisation
Tourism

Anyone any topics or questions that are likely to come up? Thanks :smile:

This is my personal opinon, sorry if I am wrong :smile: For changing urban environments they have done sustainability twice in a row! I love that 8 mark questions. Lets be honest its not going to come up again. I think there will be either an 8 marker 6 marker on changing the CBD, I did Birmingham. I also think there may be a large question on shanty towns, something about a local authority scheme perhaps?
For tourism I think there may be a large question on ecotourism and then maybe a 6 marker on the economic impacts of mass tourism? The other two papers focused on mass tourism and stewardship so I think this one will be conservation orientated. I.e. sustainable developments of tourism, for me - The Maldives
Reply 42
Original post by Narutopolaris
Hi guys- I got 150ums in the phsyical, and on my coursework i got a/a* boundary- roughly how many ums do i need for an overall a* (and what grade is that required ums)

Same here, I can't be bothered checking but if you think about it, I think its out of 360 UMS? 150+150+60. Its 90% of UMS to get an A* so you will need 324 for an A*, or something around there. I got 150 and 56 for the coursework. If you have similar (54 should be A*) then 360-150-56=154. You can afford to drop 36 UMS to get an A*. 154-36 = 118 UMS which I think is a high B? 135 for A* and 120 for A? So get around perhaps mid 40s mark wise and that should be a high B
Reply 43
Original post by Juxtap0sed
I got max UMS in the physical module then a C in my controlled assessment :frown: I'm doing urban environments, tourism & development. Any tips anyone?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

You can get an A* if you get near full marks again, remember the coursework is only worth 60 UMS and not 150!
Original post by ShehaniJ
Look at past papers and check what are the 8 mark questions. They are really unlikely to come up again. Any case studies that hasn't appeared in the specification or in last year's exam may come up this year :smile:

I think it's also worthwhile looking at June 2010 as well, because the questions on there are unlikely to come up again too :smile:
Original post by Parente
You can get an A* if you get near full marks again, remember the coursework is only worth 60 UMS and not 150!

Isn't it worth 100?
Reply 46
Original post by kashagupta
Isn't it worth 100?

No, 150 UMS for each paper, its out of 75 marks so it makes sense to double it.
Original post by Parente
No, 150 UMS for each paper, its out of 75 marks so it makes sense to double it.

Oh noo, I was talking about the coursework :smile: So 150 for each paper (37.5%) and then 100 for the coursework, which is 25%, right? So it's 360/400 overall to get an A*
Reply 48
Original post by kashagupta
Oh noo, I was talking about the coursework :smile: So 150 for each paper (37.5%) and then 100 for the coursework, which is 25%, right? So it's 360/400 overall to get an A*

Oh yeah, 60 is the raw mark, yeah then
Original post by Parente
This is my personal opinon, sorry if I am wrong :smile: For changing urban environments they have done sustainability twice in a row! I love that 8 mark questions. Lets be honest its not going to come up again. I think there will be either an 8 marker 6 marker on changing the CBD, I did Birmingham. I also think there may be a large question on shanty towns, something about a local authority scheme perhaps?
For tourism I think there may be a large question on ecotourism and then maybe a 6 marker on the economic impacts of mass tourism? The other two papers focused on mass tourism and stewardship so I think this one will be conservation orientated. I.e. sustainable developments of tourism, for me - The Maldives

Sustainable development of tourism, is that Eco tourism?:smile:

Hoping a question on CBD comes up I live near the CBD I'm doing so its pretty much easy marks:tongue:

Reply 51
Does anyone have any good revision websites or tips?

Reply 52
Original post by Parente

hey, got any tips for birmingham? As in, what are the keys things? cheers. Oh and what are the case studies needed for changing urban environments?
Thanks a lot!
the development gap, urban environments and globalisation- any tips for what might come up?
Original post by chaza01
hey, got any tips for birmingham? As in, what are the keys things? cheers. Oh and what are the case studies needed for changing urban environments?
Thanks a lot!

They are CBD (mines Blackpool), inner city(mines Hulme Manchester), squatter settlement(mines favela bairro project), sustainable urban living(mines bedzed)

Original post by DESOUZA
I doing tourism , urbanisation and population change

Tourism = Uk:Lake District
Mass: Jamaica
Extreme: Antarctica
Eco: Galapagos
Urban = UDCs + City Challenge + Sustainable Communities
Squatter Settlement: Kibera , Kenya
Sustainable urban: Curitiba
Population = Birth Control: China
Ageing Population: France + UK + Italy
Labour Migration: Poland to UK / Senegal to Italy
Refugee: North Africa to Spain

ive basically done the exact same to you! haha!
Well looking at how "lovely" AQA were on Thursday :redface: , I can see them being just as bad tomorrow.. I recommend learning all the little silly things off the specification and make sure you don't miss things.. It appears AQA delved to the back of the specification on Thursday to pick out some very odd things.

Other than that... just get your case studies looking good and don't panic!
Reply 57
Original post by DESOUZA

what are the effects on spain as a result of north african refugees migrating there? HELP
And for what may come up:

Population:
- Population Control <-- Quite certain

Urban Environments:
- UDC or a Squatter Settlement maybe?

Tourism:
- I hope it is the "local UK tourism" case study but it could be any :s-smilie:
Reply 59
Original post by DESOUZA

Do we have to know a case study each for udcs, city challenge, and sustainable communities?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending