Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unsociable forever.

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014

Im fairly shy, I can go for months without contacting anyone and be perfectly fine. I dont feel a need to contact people or meet up with them.

Pretty much all contact is initiated by them rather than me and so are meet ups.

Is anyone else like this? what impact does it have on your friendships?

I would also like to clarify some points

if they text or call I do make an effort to chat with them, I don't leave one word answers that will kill the convo or anything like that.

I show up for meet ups most of the time (if it is going pub then I dont go, I live far away and have to drive so while they get hammered I sit there like a lemon.)

If I am the first to make contact then I feel its more forced than me wanting to. I get the feeling I should drop a text so I am not forgotten rather than me wanting to chat.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You should go a bit deeper into the issue to find out why you act like you do. Do you not find the conversations you have interesting, so you don't bother? Is it because you're worried about doing something wrong? You don't want to centre attention on yourself?

Shyness or unsociability is often something that has a cause. You learned to behave that way for some reason or another. If you want to, there's always the option to behave differently.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 13, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.