Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Street Fundraising job?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    well Im really fedup of trying to find work and there seems to be alot of fundraising jobs activily recruiting and they dont appear to be to fussy about who they employ. Has anyone ever done a street fundraising job? I have an interview for this type of work but I dont know if I will go... even though Im desperate I actually need a secure income now for personal reasons and I know if you dont do well on the probational period you most likely lose your job.. and lets faceit when those charity workers come to you when you are in town you just ignore them so I swear getting people to signup will be next to impossible.. I mean they have to give you their account details in the street wtf cant charaties see how unreasonable this is?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeppy)
    well Im really fedup of trying to find work and there seems to be alot of fundraising jobs activily recruiting and they dont appear to be to fussy about who they employ. Has anyone ever done a street fundraising job? I have an interview for this type of work but I dont know if I will go... even though Im desperate I actually need a secure income now for personal reasons and I know if you dont do well on the probational period you most likely lose your job.. and lets faceit when those charity workers come to you when you are in town you just ignore them so I swear getting people to signup will be next to impossible.. I mean they have to give you their account details in the street wtf cant charaties see how unreasonable this is?
    I'm in the exact same position as you now. I had a job for the summer but it didn't turn out to be what I thought it would and now I want to drop it but I need another one first. I just called for two companies and, even though one of them surprised me with a telephone interview the first time I called them, the other one told me they'll interview me in a couple of days.

Do you know how long the probation period is? And since it's been a while since you posted, did you end up applying/getting a job in street fundraising?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.