The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography B Unit 2 People and the Planet 18/06/12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackass.
haha, if they'd done that in my school i'd have gone mental, was desperate to find out what i got. Would have practically cried if i'd got C or lower! :L
Ah alright, it was stupid really, i know people who got A*'s on Unit one yet got C/D's on the DME! It wasn't even hard, well we didn't think!
Ah yeah, think we're doing that too. Haven't started yet though, got 2 full days of it next week though -.-

Haha ooooh fun.... I haven't started yet either dw. It's sooo annoying. I asked them 4 times and their just too lazy!, >:redface:
Reply 62
Original post by sophiekutie
Quick question. Is the akasombo dam (Ghana) a top-down approach?

I'll help you with any Unit 7 Revision, going to go over all the units one last time in a sec :P

But I think any large scale projects that would cost millions are normally a top-down approach!
Reply 63

Ah, that guide is a good guide!
That's the one my teacher had said he'd prepared for us. Cheeky that he'd found it there!

The blog is excellent - just looking through a few resources now during my last minute revision, it's always good to find little niche topic areas to revise from rather than revising the whole subject from scratch!
Original post by Skittle123
Yeah i've got that exam :biggrin:

oooo i think it's gonna be half easy half hard

Do you get top down and bottom up development stuff??

I've got the exam tomorrow too! Are you stuck on development dilemmas?
They won't tell us coursework because they can't be bothered to byte them out of the cupboard! :tongue:
Most people are doing that exam this year,(the exam board reccomend at the end of year 11) ours is about the olymics, which is cool, but it's kinda making me be bored of the Olympics now! Lol

We did the unit 3 last year, about fishing in Scotland; sounds dull but was actually quite interesting! We did it in year 10 so quite a few people did badly :frown: was the olympics topic interesting?
Reply 66
I'll try and compile some key notes in a bit for each topic that I'm doing, if I can I'll post them here!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by harrietx123x
We did the unit 3 last year, about fishing in Scotland; sounds dull but was actually quite interesting! We did it in year 10 so quite a few people did badly :frown: was the olympics topic interesting?

Yeah it's not too bad but I'm now not excited about the olympics at all :frown:
Reply 68

Yeah, I haven't a clue about this DME yet :P
Was planning on revising for it after these exams on Monday/Tuesday, too much to revise for otherwise :P

I know, loads of people have just given up with it cos nobody can get tickets!
Original post by harrietx123x
I know, loads of people have just given up with it cos nobody can get tickets!

Yeah I know right!!

(well actually I got given tickets for white water rafting finals yesterday) :biggrin: but we didn't even apply) but still it's kinda stupid that so few people got tickets

Tube's gonna be a nightmare as well! X_X
Original post by Bixel
Yeah, I haven't a clue about this DME yet :P
Was planning on revising for it after these exams on Monday/Tuesday, too much to revise for otherwise :P

Aww luckily after tomorrow, DM is my last exam so I don't need to worry too much because I have loads a time, sucks for you though :frown:
Reply 72
Aww luckily after tomorrow, DM is my last exam so I don't need to worry too much because I have loads a time, sucks for you though :frown:

Lucky you!
I got a huge maths exam in between!

Not sure about this exam tomorrow though, then again I never feel like I've revised enough!
Original post by Bixel
Lucky you!
I got a huge maths exam in between!

Not sure about this exam tomorrow though, then again I never feel like I've revised enough!

Awwww don't worry about it. You'll be fine! :smile: x
have you guys finished revising yet ? :smile:
Reply 75
Still doing little bits of revision :P
Kind of become unsure what to revise!
How about you? :smile:
Original post by Bixel
Still doing little bits of revision :P
Kind of become unsure what to revise!
How about you? :smile:

sameeee :smile: im going over things and topics im not too sure on,
same i dont know whether i know everything or not !!
Reply 77
guys - using examples, explain why sustainable ruraldevlopment is hard to acheive?!?!!!??!?!? :/ :/
Reply 78
Original post by V909
guys - using examples, explain why sustainable ruraldevlopment is hard to acheive?!?!!!??!?!? :/ :/

This is because many people move out of rural areas to the core ares such as the countryside to central lone for eg. And by doing this the rural areas becomw neglected and not worth re developing as not many people are there. Also as less people are there it means there isnt much money for the developmemt! And even if you do develop it you dont have much help or say fro the local people as majority have moved away(rural-urban migration)
Reply 79
HEY ANJ999!!!! ITS MEE!!!! LOL :biggrin: but thanks for answerr :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending