Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

1 hour personal interview with UBS

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

so I had the phone interview yesterday, lasted 20-30 minutes or so.
    I think I did good, they asked the typical questions (strengths/weaknesses, why ubs, why this position, where do I see myself in 5 years (this one I was more hesitant though), describe a situation....., etc....)

Now I have a 1 hour interview tomorrow in Zürich. I'm almost less stressed because on the phone, you can't tell what the person is thinking, when you're face to face it seems better IMO.

What should I prepare for? what kind of questions will I get?

this is the position btw:

https://jobs.ubs.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?SID=^5i_slp_rh c_VxCGmc3PuGp53d/6QQ1S/3N_slp_rhc_dF4LwZhHvDn8QHAxSvPw5 XYMRkM_slp_rhc_WNrahCzJ3&jobId=8 5930&type=search&JobReqLang=1&re cordstart=1&JobSiteId=5028&JobSi teInfo=85930_5028&GQId=886

I wrote a 35 page report on the thing the team I'd be with would be working on. That could be why I get this internship if I do.

Will they ask technical questions? On Finance, accounting, banking regulation?

Are they like gonna give me a pencil and ask me to be a salesman and try to sell them the pencil?

Do people take paper sheets with info on them?

Any advice would be awesome!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swissstud)
    Hey guys,

so I had the phone interview yesterday, lasted 20-30 minutes or so.
    I think I did good, they asked the typical questions (strengths/weaknesses, why ubs, why this position, where do I see myself in 5 years (this one I was more hesitant though), describe a situation....., etc....)

Now I have a 1 hour interview tomorrow in Zürich. I'm almost less stressed because on the phone, you can't tell what the person is thinking, when you're face to face it seems better IMO.

What should I prepare for? what kind of questions will I get?

this is the position btw:

https://jobs.ubs.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?SID=^5i_slp_rh c_VxCGmc3PuGp53d/6QQ1S/3N_slp_rhc_dF4LwZhHvDn8QHAxSvPw5 XYMRkM_slp_rhc_WNrahCzJ3&jobId=8 5930&type=search&JobReqLang=1&re cordstart=1&JobSiteId=5028&JobSi teInfo=85930_5028&GQId=886

I wrote a 35 page report on the thing the team I'd be with would be working on. That could be why I get this internship if I do.

Will they ask technical questions? On Finance, accounting, banking regulation?

Are they like gonna give me a pencil and ask me to be a salesman and try to sell them the pencil?

Do people take paper sheets with info on them?

Any advice would be awesome!

Hey! well done!

Just so I know, will you be opening a new thread for every stage??

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2028898

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about that.

but yeah, I'll make sure the next time.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swissstud)
    Sorry about that.

but yeah, I'll make sure the next time.
    Never mind me, Its not my website! lol

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.