The Student Room Group

M2 Maths CCEA Exam Discussion 14/06/12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fladumir
anyone do M3 today?

Me! How'd you find it? All good up until number 6 for me.
Reply 21
yea I couldn't get part 3 and 4 of 6. Did others at your school find it hard?
Reply 22
yea I couldn't get part 3 and 4 of 6. Did others at your school find it hard?

How'd you find the rest of the paper? I couldn't even get started on 6, didn't know what they were saying in half of it.. Yeah we all did, just 6 though.
Reply 23
Original post by CD315
How'd you find the rest of the paper? I couldn't even get started on 6, didn't know what they were saying in half of it.. Yeah we all did, just 6 though.

I thought the rest of the paper was fine. Not sure if I got question 5 though. Didn't really understand what was going on
Reply 24
6 part iv :confused: it was 2 marks so it should have been easy enough but I had noo idea!
Reply 25
I thought the rest of the paper was fine. Not sure if I got question 5 though. Didn't really understand what was going on

Did you get the expression they wanted? I'm annoyed with myself about 6, didn't know what the relative to the wind part meant. Silly boy.

Original post by Guin
6 part iv :confused: it was 2 marks so it should have been easy enough but I had noo idea!

6 in general! How do yous think the scaling will be?
Reply 26
Original post by CD315
Did you get the expression they wanted? I'm annoyed with myself about 6, didn't know what the relative to the wind part meant. Silly boy.

No couldn't get it. Are you doing M4?

6 in general! How do yous think the scaling will be?

I don't think it will get scaled much.
Reply 27
I don't think it will get scaled much.

So you're thinking 60 for an A, 75 for 100 etc? Wish it would get scaled up :colonhash:
Reply 28
Original post by CD315
So you're thinking 60 for an A, 75 for 100 etc? Wish it would get scaled up :colonhash:

Yea most likely
Reply 29
Yea most likely

Ah well. You doing FP1?
Reply 30
Original post by CD315
Ah well. You doing FP1?

I did it in january. Its so easy compared to the rest of the papers. Did you do M4 yesterday?
Reply 31
Yeah I know it is, it's easy marks. How'd you do? Nope I'm doing AS maths and further maths this year, so no M4 until next year. How about you?
My son did M3, M4 and S2 this week (plus STEP I and STEP II!). Reckoned M3 was fiddly but OK apart from 4 marks at the end, S2 was really easy and M4 was OK apart from the first thing that he studied for it and then forgot about revising, can't remember what that was for. Sorry can't be more informative, he's currently at QCon for the weekend :smile: M4 because his offer wanted him to take as many mech modules as possible, S2 (4) 'cause he reckoned he'd get a higher mark and needs an A* in FM.
Reply 33
Original post by KittyKattyKaity
My son did M3, M4 and S2 this week (plus STEP I and STEP II!). Reckoned M3 was fiddly but OK apart from 4 marks at the end, S2 was really easy and M4 was OK apart from the first thing that he studied for it and then forgot about revising, can't remember what that was for. Sorry can't be more informative, he's currently at QCon for the weekend :smile: M4 because his offer wanted him to take as many mech modules as possible, S2 (4) 'cause he reckoned he'd get a higher mark and needs an A* in FM.

Ah right! Will he be doing maths at uni then? That's a lot of exams in one week :tongue:
Hopefully going to do Maths at Warwick. Offer is A*A*A(2) or A*AA(1). He reckoned his brains had melted by yesterday afternoon! Needs 45 in M3 and 91 in S2 for an A*. M4 mark will be dumped no matter what 'cause the S2 mark will be higher apparently.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
Hopefully going to do Maths at Warwick. Offer is A*A*A(2) or A*AA(1). He reckoned his brains had melted by yesterday afternoon! Needs 45 in M3 and 91 in S2 for an A*. M4 mark will be dumped no matter what 'cause the S2 mark will be higher apparently.

He'll get that no problem, doubt he lost that many marks in M3, wasn't a bad paper! Well it's all about the knowledge of it I suppose :smile:
Original post by CD315
He'll get that no problem, doubt he lost that many marks in M3, wasn't a bad paper! Well it's all about the knowledge of it I suppose :smile:

He's hoping for over 85 in M3 but only needs 45 for 80 average :smile: If he doesn't get that then apparently I get to beat him to death with an M3 paper :wink:
Reply 37
He's hoping for over 85 in M3 but only needs 45 for 80 average :smile: If he doesn't get that then apparently I get to beat him to death with an M3 paper :wink:

He'll get the over 85 in M3 :smile: That's what I'm hoping for even though I stupidly ditched 10 marks on the last question; no harm in hoping :rolleyes:
Reply 38
Original post by CD315
Yeah I know it is, it's easy marks. How'd you do? Nope I'm doing AS maths and further maths this year, so no M4 until next year. How about you?

Got 96 %. Ohhh fair enough. I finish this year. Did maths in one year and now did all of further maths in a year.
Reply 39
Got 96 %. Ohhh fair enough. I finish this year. Did maths in one year and now did all of further maths in a year.

Ahh right! How many marks did you lose? 2? Lucky you, I wish we did it that way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending