The Student Room Group

Sex with an ex?!?!

I have kept in contact over text with my ex boyfriend. We've been split up for around 3 weeks now.

Last night he asked if I wanted to try a friends with benefit situation and said I could come found whenever I wanted to have sex or alternatively he suggested parking up somewhere!!

Not gonna lie I played along with this as I couldn't belie his actual cheek. He said 'I would still have sex with you, it was always dead good!'

He now thinks we are going to next week!

Just wondered what peoples thoughts on this are?!

I was insulted initially but now I'm starting to think I might not be a bad idea
I'm not going to outright state that it won't work, but in the vast majority of cases when people who were in a relationship continue to sleep together after breaking up, it results in problems. Even for me, as someone relatively unsentimental about relationships, when I slept with an ex for a couple of months, starting about a month after the relationship ended, it got very weird and it was in the end not worth the confusion it caused.

For all but the most iron-willed of people, having sex with a person you had a romantic relationship with in the past is nigh-on impossible without tangling up old feelings.
Original post by Anonymous
I have kept in contact over text with my ex boyfriend. We've been split up for around 3 weeks now.

Last night he asked if I wanted to try a friends with benefit situation and said I could come found whenever I wanted to have sex or alternatively he suggested parking up somewhere!!

Not gonna lie I played along with this as I couldn't belie his actual cheek. He said 'I would still have sex with you, it was always dead good!'

He now thinks we are going to next week!

Just wondered what peoples thoughts on this are?!

I was insulted initially but now I'm starting to think I might not be a bad idea

:confused:

As for the rest, no, it's a bad idea.
Reply 3
I love that guy, I reckon you should give him a shag tbh just for trying.
Reply 4
I would be insulted if I were you tbh. It's as though he doesn't care that you were in a relationship, like there were no feelings, like it was just sex! I also don't think it's the best idea to sleep with him in a FWB situation if you're not over him. I think this might end in tears if you do.
Reply 5
Legend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending