The Student Room Group

AQA Unit 3 Mathematics 13 June 2012 - Unofficial Mark Scheme [43603H] [GCSE]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
oh haha
Reply 41
Original post by JamesWire
They were, but as they were slanted they did not reach the top of the square.

The point was that it was an equilateral triangle, so all the lengths were the same, hence, the slanted lengths were the same as the bottom length
Reply 42
Original post by Will2012
^ radius was 8cm, so diameter is 16. Equilateral triangle therefore 60 degrees. 60/360*16pie

yep but you didnt need the diameter as you could either use (pi x D) or (2 x pi x r) they are the same formula, i got 8.38 as my final answer :smile:
Reply 43
Does anyone know the answer for the volume of the cuboid question?I got that x was 1.5 or something

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Does anyone know around what amount of marks i would need out of 80 to get myself an a*?? :smile:
you had s going ----> and t was going bottom left. X was on the top right. So -s +t + the bottom bit which was 1.5s, as the ratio was 3:1 so 1.5:1. so -s+t+1.5s =t+1/2s

Would 0.5s + t be correct?
Reply 46
x was 3 for the cuboid question if i remember correctly, and ^ yes
Thanks

I got 38.7 for the area question of the two triangles. I didn't use sine/cos sine rule at all. I used cos rule to find out the base of the right angle triangle and then pytagoras to find out the height. I think i also used the cos rule to find out the opposite side of the 43* angle also. Used the other area of triangle formula to calculate the area and added it to the first area.:rolleyes:
Reply 48
Original post by the_googly
Thanks

I got 38.7 for the area question of the two triangles. I didn't use sine/cos sine rule at all. I used cos rule to find out the base of the right angle triangle and then pytagoras to find out the height. I think i also used the cos rule to find out the opposite side of the 43* angle also. Used the other area of triangle formula to calculate the area and added it to the first area.:rolleyes:

think the answer was 36.something :tongue:
think the answer was 36.something :tongue:

Just realised my mistake, i thought the angle in the top right corner was a right angle :colondollar:
What about the bearing questions.

The question where one of the angles was 342? I got 18 as my answer for that.
Reply 51

I got 342 again because you need to reverse it as a bearing can only go clockwise so 360-18=342 but you may get one mark for the working :smile:
Reply 52
i think that 1/2s + t is simpler written as s + 2t?
Reply 53

Original post by lewisbee
I got 342 again because you need to reverse it as a bearing can only go clockwise so 360-18=342 but you may get one mark for the working :smile:

:s-smilie: - I got something in the region of 150-180 degrees for the bearings question.
Reply 54
Original post by JDee
:s-smilie: - I got something in the region of 150-180 degrees for the bearings question.
How did you do that are you sure that this was not for the first bearings question??
Reply 55
Original post by lewisbee

I got 18 :frown:

From C to D was 342 degrees
so i thought from D to C would be 18 degrees as you're going the other way in a 360 degree angle D:
Reply 56
Original post by JamezA60
I got 18 :frown:

From C to D was 342 degrees
so i thought from D to C would be 18 degrees as you're going the other way in a 360 degree angle D:

18+90 so 108
Reply 57
no it was 342 from what I got also think of the logic they are not going to give 2 marks for working out 360-342 because it is too simple
Reply 58
18+90 so 108

yes but didn't he go over 180 degrees so therefore it has to be out of 360 degrees??
The quadratic equation was to 2 significant figures by the way :smile:

Also the arc one was 8.83, if you look the sector isn't big enoug to be a semicircle so the only way is to find out the angle was 60 degrees and work from there.

On the area question I got 36.2 because of my previous rounding, I hope that gets the whole 7 marks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending