Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

AQA Unit 3 Mathematics 13 June 2012 - Unofficial Mark Scheme [43603H] [GCSE]

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woiiiichan)
    50% of 3.8 = 1.9
    10% = 0.38
    5% = 0.19
    1.9 + 0.19 = 2.09 (55%concrete)

then they had 6 loads of something, multiplied by 5 = 30

30 divided by 2.09 = 14.35.

i put 14.35 as my answers guys.. does it matter? cus it didnt ask for a rounded answer...
    you will only lose 1 mark
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.lunstone)
    you will only lose 1 mark
    why would i lose one mark tho when it didnt specify whether it wanted rounding or not?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woiiiichan)
    why would i lose one mark tho when it didnt specify whether it wanted rounding or not?

Becauseee..... it said how many sheds would it make and the answer was 14.35 but you cant make 0.35 of a shed so you would round it down to 14 sheds.. However I'm only guessing you would lose one but not 100% sure
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Becauseee..... it said how many sheds would it make and the answer was 14.35 but you cant make 0.35 of a shed so you would round it down to 14 sheds.. However I'm only guessing you would lose one but not 100% sure
    hmm maybe o well its only 1 mark they might allow it idk x
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will2012)
    you had s going ----> and t was going bottom left. X was on the top right. So -s +t + the bottom bit which was 1.5s, as the ratio was 3:1 so 1.5:1. so -s+t+1.5s =t+1/2s
    I think I got -t-1/2s is that the same thing?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbseh)
    Mate an A* is 60/80
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davelittle)
    Mate an A* is 60/80
    I got 72/80 and my maths teacher told me I only just got an A*, literally 71 an A and 72 being an A*!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    about the x and y perimeter question
    wasnt part a 5x=2y?
    and part c
    14x because you times all the sides by 2, then subsitute 5x for 2y which means
    5x+5x+2x+2x=14x
    sorry if i am wrong just curious
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    did anybody get the question about M being directly proportional to Rcubed
    I understand you had to figure out K but Im unsure whether that was 1.6 or 75
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have decided to upload an unofficial mark scheme for those of you who still want the answers. I did not post this earlier as I decided it may cause some people to worry too much, and am only posting it now for those of you who are desperate for the answers and are still looking for a mark scheme. Please note that I only gave answers for those questions which a lot of people are worried about, I did not put in simple questions (such as the simple pythagoras question etc).
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Mark Scheme.docx (29.1 KB, 2929 views)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Empty Child)
    I have decided to upload an unofficial mark scheme for those of you who still want the answers. I did not post this earlier as I decided it may cause some people to worry too much, and am only posting it now for those of you who are desperate for the answers and are still looking for a mark scheme. Please note that I only gave answers for those questions which a lot of people are worried about, I did not put in simple questions (such as the simple pythagoras question etc).
    your a star...........being an oldie student and having only studied maths for 7 months.i have 114 ums points now,needing 66 for a c.should have stuck with foundation after getting 100% on the first exam.Anyway i think i have around 25 marks out 80,possibly a little more,hope ive done it....help.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    From what I know 60 is an a*. 50 is an A. 40 is a b. They can change though.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I got 1.5s for one answer and t=44 for another. Not sure which questions but I'm pretty sure they are right
    I got t=44
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the question where you had to work out the area of triangle ABCD, I got 36.0526 cm^2 without rounding. I gave my answer to 1 d.p. (so 36.1). NOT 36.01 as you said. I'm certain I've got it right (Don't want to sound like a cocky person, but I went over it loads). I have all of the other answers that you have said... Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got 72/80 and my maths teacher told me I only just got an A*, literally 71 an A and 72 being an A*!
    Yes however was that for the unit 1 test? Im quite sure for unit 1 72/80 wouldnt have been your raw marks that would have been UMS as the unit 1 test was not out of 80
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DHSB)
    For the question where you had to work out the area of triangle ABCD, I got 36.0526 cm^2 without rounding. I gave my answer to 1 d.p. (so 36.1). NOT 36.01 as you said. I'm certain I've got it right (Don't want to sound like a cocky person, but I went over it loads). I have all of the other answers that you have said... Thanks

thats exactly what i got! I spent 30 minutes checking it over since i finished really early!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Think I've done quite well, bar messing up the x:y ratio question where I didn't get anything right,I believe I've got all the other marks in the paper
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your teacher is saying that because technically 90% is an A* overall in maths. However, that is UMS marks. This is marks for the paper which is completely different. They decide the UMS marks based on how everyone did in the exam. If everyone did badly then they will give higher UMS marks for a lower score so indeed 60/80 in the exam could equate to a 90% UMS mark.

I read UMS marks published by AQA with regards to the last exams, and they awarded the full 100 UMS marks to people who had missed out on upto 5 or 6 marks, meaning people that got 60/66 (I think it was out of 66) still got 100%
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thats exactly what i got! I spent 30 minutes checking it over since i finished really early!
    Yeeah I got that too! So hopefully thats seven marks in the bag
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No sorry, it wouldn't be 90% for an A*

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 30, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.