Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Edexcel core 4 exam replaced? BBC news

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Check out this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18425283
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just seen it shouldn't affect us. Just a different paper
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hope it isn't harder lol
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt this mean they have to reprint and mail new packets to all the schools in a week...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just saw this. Interesting. I'll never know if it would have been a better or worse paper!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blacklistmember)
    Doesnt this mean they have to reprint and mail new packets to all the schools in a week...
    Looks like it :/ hope it doesn't mess anything up...
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    Typical edexcel, not surprised.

Hope the new paper isn't filled with errors.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raheem94)
    Typical edexcel, not surprised.

Hope the new paper isn't filled with errors.
    It was the British Council who posted the paper in a pack of old past papers to some school in Egypt. Nothing to do with Edexcel.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to say, when the Bucks County Council made a mess up with one year's 11+ paper, the 'new paper' was actually the one they'd used the year before. Unfortunately we did Jan 2012 as a mock and I failed, so I hope that doesn't happen xD
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    Just to say, when the Bucks County Council made a mess up with one year's 11+ paper, the 'new paper' was actually the one they'd used the year before. Unfortunately we did Jan 2012 as a mock and I failed, so I hope that doesn't happen xD
    I'm not quite sure we can compare Edexcel worldwide C4 A-level exams with the Bucks County 11+
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icedragon)
    I'm not quite sure we can compare Edexcel worldwide C4 A-level exams with the Bucks County 11+
    In my life they're equally important. The one got me into the grammar school and the other will get me into uni
    (But it would be a totally Edexcel thing to do)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where does it say the paper was C4? Isn't S3 on the same day as C4? :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judder01)
    Where does it say the paper was C4? Isn't S3 on the same day as C4? :confused:
    It could be S3, but much much more likely to be C4 as it was a packet mass-mailed to schools. Hardly anyone does S3 in comparison with C4.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel were being criticsed for having predictable papers each year. I assume they always have a backup for each sitting, however, if they decide to use the January 2013 paper it'll be difficult, whereas, if they use an older paper as a back up it'll be the same preditcable questions that have come up year on year.

Just a guess.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isp)
    Edexcel were being criticsed for having predictable papers each year. I assume they always have a backup for each sitting, however, if they decide to use the January 2013 paper it'll be difficult, whereas, if they use an older paper as a back up it'll be the same preditcable questions that have come up year on year.

Just a guess.
    I actually know a bit about this from talking to a chief examiner. Apparently they make the papers a couple of years in advance, and they always make back ups in case of a security breach. The back ups are never released however under ordinary circumstances.

What I know for certain is they will not use the would be Jan 13 paper.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is it C4 paper that is replaced?!?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonJuan)
    It could be S3, but much much more likely to be C4 as it was a packet mass-mailed to schools. Hardly anyone does S3 in comparison with C4.

It is C4 that's being replaced.

Schools were emailed today and new papers will be winging their way everywhere as we speak!
    • 55 followers

ReputationRep:
    :ahee: just over a week to go as well!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    SOME students will be sitting the original one according to Edexcel
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabre2th1)
    SOME students will be sitting the original one according to Edexcel
    Where does it say this? Surely that would be unfair having people sit different papers, how would they standardise?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.