The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra Questions

Hey

I do have unconditional offers from most of my unis but wanna see if Glasgow and other good uni's are offering economics .. ? Could somone check for me? If you do decdie to enter extra, then do you haev to call the uni up and ask them if they'll accept you or give u an offer .. is it the same as clearing?
if you go on the ucas site, you can search economics in the course search bit and tick the extra box so it just comes up with the unis that offer economics on extra.
Reply 2
You can search here: http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/search.hjx;start=search.HsSearch.run?y=2006

Be sure to CHECK the "extra courses only" box.
Reply 3
i've seen that uni's who enter extra lower their usual grade offers !!! is that true in any way?
Reply 4
ammarb87
i've seen that uni's who enter extra lower their usual grade offers !!! is that true in any way?

Well they may do that to attract more applicants. Part of the reason they went into extra is because they were under-subscribed.
Reply 5
so that means that it is more likely u will get in .. hehe meaning not more ppl will apply to the course ! Does that mean that the course is not very well recognised?
Reply 6
ammarb87
so that means that it is more likely u will get in .. hehe meaning not more ppl will apply to the course ! Does that mean that the course is not very well recognised?

No, you can't make such conclusions.

It's just been under-subscribed to for a multitude of reasons, or perhaps the university hasn't found the applicants it desires.
Reply 7
ammarb87

they did the opposite to me last year! :eek:
Reply 8
most uni will give u their usuall grades ofer they will lower it on the result day it they really need students.

Latest

Trending

Trending