Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Extending lloyds tsb student overdraft?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The website says you can extend your 'tiered overdraft', after 7-9 months to £1000, which I did in march, and to £1500 from month 10, when is this month 10? and will i definitely be able to extend? thank you!

I know overdrafts are awful but i just need some extra money before i go back to uni!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    i would guess its a month after you extended to £1000? i would go to the bank and just ask them to extend it which was i did, pretty easy
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    i would guess its a month after you extended to £1000? i would go to the bank and just ask them to extend it which was i did, pretty easy
    Thank you are lloyds pretty easy? I know some banks you have to beg and have good reasons to extend it!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma237)
    Thank you are lloyds pretty easy? I know some banks you have to beg and have good reasons to extend it!
    i had no problems with lloyds, no questions asked going from £1000 to £1500 but the first time extending it they asked me why i just said i was a bit short on the months rent and they were fine with it
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Very easy. I've had to go there twice to get mine extended and both times, all they did was take my card and go off to phone someone for a minute or two and it was extended there and then. No questions asked.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even get asked why I needed the extra overdraft, nor did they ring anyone. The woman just went "Is an extra £500 good for you?" and just increased it there and then, no questions asked, lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an experience of trying to go over 1500 before year 4?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would advise against increasing your overdraft limit. Why? Because you will end up digging yourself an even bigger debt levels.

It's very tempting, i know, but please have a careful look at your finances and see where you can save.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thanks for the advice, i do appreciate where your coming from however im a seasonal white water rafting instructor and i make three quarters of my yearly income through the summer, so the repayments don't worry me too much. just got a few extra outgoings this month and next that i need a hand with
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a 1500 over draft with lloyds and I'm in my second Year. I didn't have one at all in my first year and only needed the 1500 because I messed up my student finance (or they did. It was done on paper and a sheet was supposedly missing)

I don't know if I can extend it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 30, 2013
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.