The Student Room Group

Why Are English Females So Overweight?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WordLife
I doubt it. Don't think all that drinking, partying, overeating and sleeping around doesn't have an effect. It will. You're still young. You have time to save yourself. The alcohol really does destroy your liver and skin.

ok thank you for the life lesson. i will remember it til the day i die (which wont be long cos i eat too much, obvz)
Reply 21
Original post by Vikki1805

What if she had an unattractive face? I am not saying she does, and I do agree that health is important.
but are you telling me that other aspects of a person appearance such as their facial features, their hair etc and their personality, do not matter? :holmes:

Well we don't know. She might be just chronically shy. Most girls can look halfway decent if they take care of themselves, exercise, eat healthy food, get plenty of sleep, and avoid drugs/drink.

The point is that being overweight is unhealthy. We can't just keep avoiding the issue. Too many English girls are overweight.
It depends on your height. Normally though you should know if you're overweight by just looking in the mirror and being brutally honest. If you're 5 ft 5 and weigh 12-13 stone, that would be an example of being grossly overweight.

danm. im 5 foot and weight 13 stone.
Reply 23
Original post by babyjustin
weel you can be both thin and ugly

im not even stick/model thin though I have small waist and curves.
Firstly by refusing to date/sleep with fat women. If men stop dating fat women, fat women will have no choice but to lose weight. I always see slim men with fat women, and although she might not have been fat when he met her, it is a problem.

You personally don't have to date or sleep with fat women, why do you care what other men do? Concentrate on your own life.
Reply 25
Original post by KlaireDelilah
ok thank you for the life lesson. i will remember it til the day i die (which wont be long cos i eat too much, obvz)

Well, you were the one who responded to me and said "fully just described me."

What do you expect me to say? If you're overweight, loose, easy and always intoxicated, what do you want... praise?

You can make the decision right now to stop overeating. Life is what you make it.
Reply 26
Original post by odkfn
Sounds like you're on the opposite "no fun" end of the spectrum.

so what do you call fun then?
Reply 27
Original post by almosttrue
im not even stick/model thin though I have small waist and curves.

You sound perfect. I rarely ever see girls described like you who take care of themselves and actually play sport. You're the last of a dying breed. Get yourself out there and get a bf.
Reply 28
Makes sense. :pierre:

What if she had an unattractive face? I am not saying she does, and I do agree that health is important.
but are you telling me that other aspects of a person appearance such as their facial features, their hair etc and their personality, do not matter? :holmes:

Actually I do have an unattractive face according to others im a little below average but Its not like i have a big nose, thin lips or anything I have decent features im just plain. Even so there are plenty of fat 'ugly' girls with boyfriends so why should it be my face thats affecting me.
Well we don't know. She might be just chronically shy. Most girls can look halfway decent if they take care of themselves, exercise, eat healthy food, get plenty of sleep, and avoid drugs/drink.

The point is that being overweight is unhealthy. We can't just keep avoiding the issue. Too many English girls are overweight.

I'm English, I have never taken illegal drugs in my life, I have never wanted to.
I do drink alcohol but in moderation.
I'm not a stick but I'm not over weight, I am 5'5 and a size 10.
I'm far from easy, I've been with the same man for 2 years now.

So, tell me how all English females fall into that category? As you've made it seem as if all English women are drunken, over weight, drug addicted and easy. :sly:
Actually I do have an unattractive face according to others im a little below average but Its not like i have a big nose, thin lips or anything I have decent features im just plain. Even so there are plenty of fat 'ugly' girls with boyfriends so why should it be my face thats affecting me.

A plain face doesn't mean you are unattractive.
It could just be that you don't have a lot of confidence? Or perhaps don't meet the right people? I have no idea to be honest as I barely know you! :smile:
Reply 31

Who says you have an unattractive face? If it's other females telling you that then you really shouldn't pay attention. I've seen women be quite brutal to each other when it comes to commenting on appearance. Even women who are attractive can get their self esteem ripped to shreds and they actually believe the comments for years.
Reply 32
Excess consumption of low nutrition food, lack of physical exercise and poor diet.. thought that would've been obvious.

I'm speaking generally of course.

The regular occurence of going to clubs every Friday and Saturday, eating kebabs and drinking loads of alcohol doesn't help either.
Reply 33
I'm English, I have never taken illegal drugs in my life, I have never wanted to.

So, tell me how all English females fall into that category? As you've made it seem as if all English women are drunken, over weight, drug addicted and easy. :sly:

The statistics have shown that English females are some of the fattest in Europe. Obesity affects women more than men. Most do actually fall into that category.
Reply 34
A plain face doesn't mean you are unattractive.
It could just be that you don't have a lot of confidence? Or perhaps don't meet the right people? I have no idea to be honest as I barely know you! :smile:

yea i know its not confidence tho as i ussed to think my face was ok until i realised i got no attention from guys and got rated the least attractive person (guys and overweight ppl included) in a college class lol. Didnt even ask to be it was done for some study, talk about ethics! Plus I dont wear fashionable clothes, dont like talking much and enjoy being by myself so its probably a combination of factors.

A lot of women are but so are a lot of men.

The quality of people in the UK is generally quite low.
Reply 36
Original post by Aaron_xyz
Excess consumption of low nutrition food, lack of physical exercise and poor diet.. thought that would've been obvious.

I'm speaking generally of course.

The regular occurence of going to clubs every Friday and Saturday, eating kebabs and drinking loads of alcohol doesn't help either.

Which is what I've been saying. The only slim women I see now when I'm out are the foreign ones. It's a shame.
The statistics have shown that English females are some of the fattest in Europe. Obesity affects women more than men. Most do actually fall into that category.

But not all, and if someone is over weight to an extent that they are unhealthy, men can't 'solve it.'
If someone wants to lose weight, they have to want to enough and then they will. Nobody can make them.
Also, some women can be over weight but still be healthy and happy, why should that mean they shouldn't have a relationship and have children?
I have a friend who was very large and yes she had to lose some weight to get pregnant, and she did although she is still a very large lady. But she is married and has her son on the way.
Reply 38
Who says you have an unattractive face? If it's other females telling you that then you really shouldn't pay attention. I've seen women be quite brutal to each other when it comes to commenting on appearance. Even women who are attractive can get their self esteem ripped to shreds and they actually believe the comments for years.

if anything women tend to say im quite pretty its the guys that blank me. To be honest tho even women with 'ugly' faces can have sex appeal with the way they dress and present themselves so im not totally blaming my face. I just dont give off sex appeal im not the girly feminine type and dont try to be.
Reply 39
Well OP i am a healthy nice size 8 and my larger friend has just as much attention as girls who are slim like me.

Quick Reply

Latest