Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scared I'll never have kids

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014

I'm 18 and I always envisaged having kids with my now ex, we had been together for ages and I just presumed we would naturally grow up to find ourselves in the situation of having kids.

However we broke up and she kind of just let it come out of the blue, I know I'm only 18 but reality kind of hit me. i can no longer take for granted the fact that I may have kids or get married

I guess it just scares me a little. Anybody else terrified they will never get the chance to have kids or get married?

What if I don't meet that person again?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're 18... :lolwut: I've heard of 35-year-old women hearing their 'biological clock' tick but...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Must of been quite a relationship

Bump
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been through that! You are only 18 so you have to realise you do have plenty of time and idealy you should get financially stable first so that you can enjoy the time with your future kids without worries about money
    If you and your ex broke up then it obviously wasn't meant to be. I believe things happen for a reason, so in a few years you will hopefully meet your perfect partner and it will be worth the heartbreak that you are going through at the moment.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, you're 18. EIGHTEEN. Honestly, shush, you have tons of time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You just came out of a relationship.

I can guarantee you, that once you're over her, your feelings about this will change.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want kids? They are not worth it. If you really want them that badly then there is nothing to worry about, seeing as you are only 18 and have plenty of time to acquire the resources necessary to have children.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    your 18. you've got plenty of time to find the right one. and thats pretty good as time is the best healer

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 14, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.