Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

C4 angles question aqa

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey I came across this question 2aii in Jan 2012 C4 and the mark scheme wants me to use pythagoras but how do I do that if the angle is obtuse by pythagoras I could calculate the actute angle which would be (1/sqrt(3)) but then hwo would I find the obtuse one from that which is -1/sqrt(3). I just did sin inverse 0.5 then found the obtuse angle 180-30 and then 'tan'ed that. But the mark scheme wangs use of pythagoras... My working and the mark scheme and the question have been attached. Thanks. Btw I got this exam tomorrow AQA . The question is 2a ii btw
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000007.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	156775   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000009.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	156776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000010.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	453.4 KB 
ID:	156777  
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It tells you in the question that angle B is obtuse, tan of an obtuse angle is negative which is why the answer is negative ie -1/sqrt(3)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 13, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.