The Student Room Group

French Edexcel 19 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by bugsy12
ah okay thanks! What book have u done for the literature? Also do you happen to know what the essay topic was last year to try eliminate some topics for this year?

No problem. I'm doing 'Un sac de billes' it;s actually a good book but not too great to write about what about you? One of the questions was on being a parents and one was on classic books or something.
Reply 81
Original post by Soph(:
No problem. I'm doing 'Un sac de billes' it;s actually a good book but not too great to write about what about you? One of the questions was on being a parents and one was on classic books or something.

:smile: We're doing "Candide", same it's quite difficult to write about in essays. I read above that someone predicted the question for literature might be on the style? I have no idea what I could write about for this book, :s-smilie: its just normal lol maybe google will help. Do you know as well how many questions options we get for each essay or is it just one question?
Original post by Soph(:
I'm not doing regional but my guess if as long as your fairly realistic it should be ok, at the end of the day they have tones of papers to mark they don't go into that much detail.

Ah ok thanks, my teacher said that it's likely they wouldn't check, otherwise it would take them hours to mark! Just wanted another opinion because i'm taking quite a big risk :smile:
Wow I didn't realise how low the grade boundaries are! I need a B for my offer and I got 152/200 at AS level, I think I might have messed up my oral though, so I probably need about 100UMS which from the past 2 papers is between 57 and 60 out of 100! It's pretty easy to get about 30/45 on an essay if you use a decent level of French so I'm hopeful :smile:
Reply 84
does anyone know what the spanish literature question was for edexcel this year?
Reply 85
Original post by robthefool
Wow I didn't realise how low the grade boundaries are! I need a B for my offer and I got 152/200 at AS level, I think I might have messed up my oral though, so I probably need about 100UMS which from the past 2 papers is between 57 and 60 out of 100! It's pretty easy to get about 30/45 on an essay if you use a decent level of French so I'm hopeful :smile:

I know! I want to know what i got out of 200 from last year, but i can't remember. Is there a way to find out do you think ?
Original post by bugsy12
I know! I want to know what i got out of 200 from last year, but i can't remember. Is there a way to find out do you think ?

Hmm I'm not sure, I just kept my results sheet, but you might be able to get them online if you got your results online? I'm not sure
Reply 87
Original post by robthefool
Hmm I'm not sure, I just kept my results sheet, but you might be able to get them online if you got your results online? I'm not sure

ah ok thanks it's not a big deal. Also as the other girl hasn't replied yet and i'm impatient do you know whether there is only one question for each type e.g discursive or a few to choose one from?
Anyone else doing the German Occupation?
Reply 89
can they ask us to use the past historic in the translation?
Reply 90
Original post by Retro.spex
Anyone else doing the German Occupation?

Oui!
Reply 91
Original post by bugsy12
:smile: We're doing "Candide", same it's quite difficult to write about in essays. I read above that someone predicted the question for literature might be on the style? I have no idea what I could write about for this book, :s-smilie: its just normal lol maybe google will help. Do you know as well how many questions options we get for each essay or is it just one question?

Ah I guess you could say most thing were style just your opinion really :smile: I find it really hard though! Unfortunatly for literature it's only 1 but for the discursive it's a choice of 4 for discursive
Reply 92
PLEASE be on l'avortement ou Les OGM and for literature to be style/characters. i'd be sooo happy!
Original post by Stumaj
Oui!

How are you getting on and what are you revising tonight??
Original post by bugsy12
ah ok thanks it's not a big deal. Also as the other girl hasn't replied yet and i'm impatient do you know whether there is only one question for each type e.g discursive or a few to choose one from?

you have the choice of four.
Reply 95
Original post by jackyblueyes
you have the choice of four.

ah okay thanks! will all 4 be on the same topic or 4 different ones?
Original post by bugsy12

As far as I know there are 4 and you choose 1, I thought that there was only one but that makes it even better I guess because you can pick one that suits you :smile:
If l'avortement comes up I will truly believe in miracles as I did so much research for my oral exam!
Reply 98
Original post by Retro.spex
How are you getting on and what are you revising tonight??

Hey, sorry it took me while to reply. I am revising some sample essays we done on special event/decision, the armistice, than for person I do Petain and also the daily living conditions during occupation which were the results of armistice. i am really worried that it will be sme really odd question. Last year it was about two people I think. I dont really know what to predict. What about you?
Original post by Stumaj
Hey, sorry it took me while to reply. I am revising some sample essays we done on special event/decision, the armistice, than for person I do Petain and also the daily living conditions during occupation which were the results of armistice. i am really worried that it will be sme really odd question. Last year it was about two people I think. I dont really know what to predict. What about you?

I'm doing exactly the same, revising some essays we did. My teacher seems to think it will be about social/economic stuff during the period :s-smilie:

I'll just be glad when the whole thing is over!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending