Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Please someone help me !!!!!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview 11 weeks ago for a place on the BA Hons childhood, Education and Society.
    After my interview i got told i would be recommended for a place and should hear from the university in 6 weeks - clearly that hasnt happened.

I am currently employed full time and have to give 4 weeks notice (my role is term time only, so i need to give notice next week)

I have spoken to the university today and they have said it will take another 3 weeks to process my application AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH and that it will go over to the academics department today ?

Can someone tell me what the academics department is and what they are likely to do with my application and any advice on what i should do about my current situation with my job.

This hole thing is seriously stressing me out and has given me an ulser due to work pushing to find out what im doing and the university extending the time.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Generally the way it works is the department 'recommends' you for an offer then somewhere higher up actually issues that offer.

So if you've been recommended for an offer then it's almost certain that you'll get one, however there was one unusual case here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1942729 where someone was recommended for an offer, then rejected, then they changed their minds.

So basically, you'll almost certainly get a place.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 18, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.