The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Nursing Selection Day

So basically, I have a selection day on the 20th of June, and there were a few things I was wondering:

1. The numeracy test- what are the questions like? I did AS level maths, so I *should* be okay, this is more just curiosity.

2. What are the questions like in the written part?

3. The discussion part. Roughly how long is it, and how do they start it off? As in, do they ask a question and then let everyone debate it, or something else...?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated, as I think this is my last chance of going to uni this year...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hiya i have my selection day on 27th June 2012 and in my letter they said to look on their web site to see what we need to read for the selection day but i cannot find anything, would you have a link to where you found your information thanks. good luck with your selection day
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
You should have had an email with a CRB disclosure form, a selection day checklist, and a special selection day letter. The letter has a link which takes you to their nursing selection day web page, and if you scroll down there are links to the material you need to read which is relevant to your course (adult, child or mental health). If you still can't find it, let me know, and I'll pull the links off my letter. Good luck with yours too!
Reply 3
Thank you i just checked my letter again and found the link. There is quite a lot to read, i just hope im not to nervous on the day. Thank you again!
Reply 4
It's okay, glad you found it. I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:
Reply 5
Hey, I have an interview too tomorrow! Does anyone know the types of english questions there will be? Also, examples of the debates in the group interviews please?
Feeling nervous now its tomorrow!
Thank you :smile: x
Reply 6
hello how was your selection day? any comments about it?
Reply 7
Original post by apple_d
So basically, I have a selection day on the 20th of June, and there were a few things I was wondering:

1. The numeracy test- what are the questions like? I did AS level maths, so I *should* be okay, this is more just curiosity.

2. What are the questions like in the written part?

3. The discussion part. Roughly how long is it, and how do they start it off? As in, do they ask a question and then let everyone debate it, or something else...?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated, as I think this is my last chance of going to uni this year...

hello,
any feedbacks from your selection day? do you think you did well? what happened there? :biggrin:
Reply 8
I got a conditional offer! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by apple_d
I got a conditional offer! :biggrin:

Ah that's great news congrats!! U doing adult or children?
Reply 10
Can you please help me by telling me what to expect from both the literacy and the numeracy test because I am sooo scared. This is my last chance of getting into uni and i don't want to disappoint anyone yet alone myself. Being rejected from 5 uni's is kinda heart breaking really.
What kind of questions did they ask you in the literacy test??
Please help a sister out here :colondollar:
Reply 11
Hello!
The literacy test was more about explaining the values of a nurse in the fiels youve chosen! :biggrin: it was really easy! Its made to learn more about you and to see if you know what this career involves! The maths test was more abt measures :biggrin:
Reply 12
i'm doing adult. What are you guys doing?
Reply 13
Original post by apple_d
i'm doing adult. What are you guys doing?

adult as well! :smile: are you already in southampton?
Reply 14
Hi guys just to kick off this thread again, i have got a selection day on the 28th January - anyone else?

Have you completed the MENDAS test yet, is this something we can fail? So nervous about the literacy and numeracy exams, other universities provide you with examples, are there are examples of the southampton ones anywhere?

Thankyouu :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by gow27
Hi guys just to kick off this thread again, i have got a selection day on the 28th January - anyone else?

Have you completed the MENDAS test yet, is this something we can fail? So nervous about the literacy and numeracy exams, other universities provide you with examples, are there are examples of the southampton ones anywhere?

Hey :smile: I had my selection day there last month, I thought I really messed up the test but I got an offer anyway :smile: just make sure you read all of the set reading (should be a link on your emails) because the English section was entirely based on that.. Good luck!
Original post by gow27

I'm going on the same day as you :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by AlexEnglandy
I'm going on the same day as you :smile:

Eeeek its tomorrow! Hopefully i'll see you there :smile:
Original post by gow27
Eeeek its tomorrow! Hopefully i'll see you there :smile:

What time did you go? :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by AlexEnglandy
What time did you go? :smile:

I had it at 8.30 yesterday, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending