Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mr M’s Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Linear Paper 2 Answers June 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wall of sound)
    While I'm happy everyone is receiving good results, this will only mean the boundaries will be extremely high right...?
    That's a difficult question to answer.
    This paper (Calc) was very easy (I got over 91 marks), but the non calc was ridiculously hard in comparison (I think I may have got as low as 65).
    So I think they should even out, plus an extra drop in the boundary for this being the first year of 1MAO =]

C.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humzaali123)
    25 cant be 111/190. I remember clearly you had to do 12*11, 5*4 and 3*2 and thats all over 380
    Yeah i got double that. I got 222/380, is it right though???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So you're estimating a C grade would be 25 from both papers? Hmm... seems a bit low.
    You can never really estimate but here is where I'm getting my data fromhttp://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20w...Boundaries.pdf
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cnut)
    That's a difficult question to answer.
    This paper (Calc) was very easy (I got over 91 marks), but the non calc was ridiculously hard in comparison (I think I may have got as low as 65).
    So I think they should even out, plus an extra drop in the boundary for this being the first year of 1MAO =]

C.
    What would you estimate for a C grade then? Taking into consideration the difficulty of the first paper and the first year of this type of paper.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king0617)
    You can never really estimate but here is where I'm getting my data fromhttp://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20w...Boundaries.pdf
    Wow... so it is unlikely it will go higher than 56 surely.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow... so it is unlikely it will go higher than 56 surely.
    I think it would be very harsh if they did put it up more than 56
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    25 cant be 111/190. I remember clearly you had to do 12*11, 5*4 and 3*2 and thats all over 380
    I also did this but your forgetting to minus 1 from the denominator, considering there is one less Chocolate you would have 20 x 19 as denominator.
    Then the answer would cancel to The one stated.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QPRboy)
    Yeah i got double that. I got 222/380, is it right though???
    i think you'd get the marks, in probability you're never meant to cancel down unless it tells you to
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumenaislam)
    How many marks do you think you need altogether for an A?
    Well, based on the fact everyone found the first paper hard and the second easy, I have no clue what the grade boundaries will be so I have calculated the mean average marks needed for grades A* to C from June 2009.

A*=168
    A =132
    B =96
    C =60

Hope this is useful!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey guys what do you think the grade boundaries are for the papers put together? :/ what would 112-177 be? or 122-127?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ive got between 130 and 135/200, would anyone be kind enough to tell me if they think this will be an a or a b?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love-Life)
    Well, based on the fact everyone found the first paper hard and the second easy, I have no clue what the grade boundaries will be so I have calculated the mean average marks needed for grades A* to C from June 2009.

A*=168
    A =132
    B =96
    C =60

Hope this is useful!
    Those grade boundaries are really quite high. I hope there not that bad!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got to "222/380". That fraction, cancelled, is "111/190" - which is as low as it can go (with the numerator still being an integer).

Usually, mark schemes say "oe" ("or equivalent"), meaning 111/190 = 222/380.
    But that's the old way!

Good luck either way!

C.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love-Life)

A*=168
    A =132
    B =96
    C =60

Hope this is useful!
    http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20w...Boundaries.pdf

Last year's were very different to those, so...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic you clever higher tier have got
    Your answers but is there any chance of foundation
    Paper people having answers posted? Would be
    Greatly appreciated!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought this paper was very hard also my mates thought it was more difficult than Mondays. Anyway I think I scored 60 on on calculator and today around 70...I will be chuffed if I got an A!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People will i still get Marks for these errors
    Question 13)- I got 28.25 however i thought it would be 28.15, as 25/100 = 1/4 so 1/4 of 60 = 15?
    28.25 is still on the page so how many marks?

Question 23b) i had the answer of 21 with working out but i thought it was wrong
    so i changed it to 48 with the Original working out, will i still gain 1 mark?

Question 25) - i did the first step of the working out so 12/20 x 11/20 and so on then itook it away from 1 to get the
    answer however i forgot to times 20 and 19 for the denominator. How many marks would i get?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When are the official boundaries released?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What would you estimate for a C grade then? Taking into consideration the difficulty of the first paper and the first year of this type of paper.
    For the difficulty of the non-calc, the fact that this is the first year, and from previous experience; it should not exceed 50 marks =]

C.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felixdez)
    i dont know about 19 but for 10 you defo got the marks cause you could write either - they are equivalent
    Thanks buddy!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 16, 2014
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.