The Student Room Group

Mr M’s Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Linear Paper 2 Answers June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cnut
For the difficulty of the non-calc, the fact that this is the first year, and from previous experience; it should not exceed 50 marks =]

C.

I really, really really hope you're right ...
1) does anyone know if we can get the paper or at least the questions?
(because i forgot most of them)
2) i reckon, that i got around... a minimum of 115/200 any ideas on the grade??
PLEASE HELP.
:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Reply 102
for the vector question part be i put 1/3(4b-a) is that wrong? :s-smilie: and for the indicies question (x^8y^3)^1/2 wouldnt it be the square root of the indices? :redface:
Original post by Mr M
I'm off to bed now folks but I will answer questions in the morning so you can post them here and I will try to work through them when I get up.

Hey Mr M, thanks again for a wonderful job - you never fail to impress :biggrin:

I was just wondering if you could hazard an educated guess at the grade boundaries (in particular for an A*) as i've done brilliantly on the calculator (92+) but not as great on the non calculator (81+/- 2)

Do you think i could have possibly acheived an A* overall..

Thanks for this again - the anxiety was/still is killing me. I don't know how on earth i'm going to bring myself to open my grades...
Reply 104
Original post by JackoRead
1) does anyone know if we can get the paper or at least the questions?
(because i forgot most of them)
2) i reckon, that i got around... a minimum of 115/200 any ideas on the grade??
PLEASE HELP.
:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

thats going to be a b unless the grade boundaries are very low :smile:
Reply 105
Original post by ROFl lmao
for the vector question part be i put 1/3(4b-a) is that wrong? :s-smilie: and for the indicies question (x^8y^3)^1/2 wouldnt it be the square root of the indices? :redface:

For the vectors one the answer was 1/4a + 3/4b. You've wrote a as -1/3a
Is anyone doing stats on the 18th?
if u get de right answer for a question that has an * but yr working outs a load of crap (answer was a lucky guesse) how many marks would u get??
Hey guys,

For Question 19, The question asked for the value of p, yet i gave the value of p^2 and didnt square root the answer to get P. I still put it in standard form and the working was fine until that point, so would i get 2/3 marks ???

Thank you!
Reply 109
Original post by nowerhillg_marcel
if u get de right answer for a question that has an * but yr working outs a load of crap (answer was a lucky guesse) how many marks would u get??[/QUO

Correction * If it said must show working im guessing marks would be awarded for the working out also. so maybe half?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Haiych
I also did this but your forgetting to minus 1 from the denominator, considering there is one less Chocolate you would have 20 x 19 as denominator.
Then the answer would cancel to The one stated.

I dd do that.
12/20 * 11/19 and so on...
Original post by Maisie10
thats going to be a b unless the grade boundaries are very low :smile:

DAYUUMM..
But thats the bare min, i have cancelled all marks that i didnt get the answer for but still did sorta the right workings...

so i reckon max i'd get 125/200

Any ideas on that...??:smile::smile::smile::smile:
Original post by Cnut
I got to "222/380". That fraction, cancelled, is "111/190" - which is as low as it can go (with the numerator still being an integer).

Usually, mark schemes say "oe" ("or equivalent"), meaning 111/190 = 222/380.
But that's the old way!

Good luck either way!

C.

I know that but the fractions I stated which are
12/20 * 11/19
5/20 * 4/19
3/20 * 2/19
Add them up together and they get 158/380?
Hi,
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries for C would be for the overall grade? Taking into account, this is a new spec and the March exam was around 55-60 for C.
Do you think it'll be around 50? Cause I'm hoping it will as I'm hopeless at maths.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by humzaali123
I know that but the fractions I stated which are
12/20 * 11/19
5/20 * 4/19
3/20 * 2/19
Add them up together and they get 158/380?

Thats what i Got :frown:
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
Hi,
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries for C would be for the overall grade? Taking into account, this is a new spec and the March exam was around 55-60 for C.
Do you think it'll be around 50? Cause I'm hoping it will as I'm hopeless at maths.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I'm hoping the same. I hope it's at 50...
Reply 116
Original post by ScooterDude
Is anyone doing stats on the 18th?

Yep me unfortunately
Original post by king0617
Yep me unfortunately

sameeee
Any revision material?
Reply 118
Original post by JackoRead
sameeee
Any revision material?

Just a CGP Stats revision guide u?
Reply 119
A quick word about grade boundaries:
Hi everyone, I know you're all worrying about boundaries (and so am I!), but any grade boundary estimates we see are only estimates (including mine), and you must remember that we won't officially know until the day before the results are released.

However, due to A) the fact that we're the first year to attempt 1MAO; B) the difficulty of the non-calculator paper; and C) the general range of previous years (and guideline my teacher told me); I'm estimating this year's grade boundaries to be:
A*: 145-160
A: 115-120
B: 75-80
C: 45-50

Again, these are only speculations, but who knows.
Good luck!

Cheers, C.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending