Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A2 OCR Music 15th June 12

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Anyone doing this spec? OCR Music for A2...

...I'm studying Programme Music (Vivaldi, Berlioz and Macmillan)

... Just a discussion about revision and any help you want

J
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anybody on ocr doing popular music?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameskealey)
    Hey,

J
    Hey! I'm doing Vivaldi, Berlioz and Macmillan too!!! Id you have ANY revision tips that would be fantastic! I'm so stuck on revision
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the Song topic?
    What are you using for example of consort music?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm doing popular music and film music
    Good luck to all
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Music for the stage tomorrow - so Purcell, Wagner and Bernstein for me good luck everybody!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how everyone else is revising but I am doing spider diagrams of different topics (harmony/tonality and technology etc.)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    heyy im doing the song topic and iv given up on Dowland related rep its just too frustrating i just hope we get a good schumann or Maxwell Davies question or i'm screwed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know for popular music is there always only one norah jones question? i just hate norah jones and there isn't much to say so banking on the other two questions
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jameskealey)
    Hey,

J
    Woo, programme music! I'm doing that.

I think I'm confident on the set works. Not so much on the comparisons though. I'm not entirely sure how much we have to know about those.

I made some summary notes over the half term to revise, and our teacher set us some practice/example essay q's so I've been using those too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeahh what pieces have people studied for the comparison in the listening and how do you structure your answer? its the only thing im still unsure of..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torz27)
    does anyone know for popular music is there always only one norah jones question? i just hate norah jones and there isn't much to say so banking on the other two questions
    I think there always is but I am not certain Sorry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ************ all my case studies for West Side story (music for the stage) aren't post-1945, they're written in the 10 or so years before it! will it matter too much?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_star221)
    Music for the stage tomorrow - so Purcell, Wagner and Bernstein for me good luck everybody!
    which case studies have you done for comparison for bernstein?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashberg13)
    heyy im doing the song topic and iv given up on Dowland related rep its just too frustrating i just hope we get a good schumann or Maxwell Davies question or i'm screwed
    Thanks god someone feels the same!
    Yeah I've focused way more on the other two as well because the Renaissance is so unclear (lets be honest, they didn't even know what they were doing back then anyway :P).
    Fingers crossed.
    Good luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWMus)
    Thanks god someone feels the same!
    Yeah I've focused way more on the other two as well because the Renaissance is so unclear (lets be honest, they didn't even know what they were doing back then anyway :P).
    Fingers crossed.
    Good luck!
    which questions did you do in the end? and also how did people find the listening?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashberg13)
    which questions did you do in the end? and also how did people find the listening?
    I did the Maxwell Davies (dream question!) and the Dowland/Italian madrigals because I didn't think I had enough on character pieces to write an essay soley about that.
    What did you do?
    I thought the listening was fine, although we were lucky because we'd covered some child of our time in lessons as a potential work for the comparison listening question. Lucky I guess!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWMus)
    I did the Maxwell Davies (dream question!) and the Dowland/Italian madrigals because I didn't think I had enough on character pieces to write an essay soley about that.
    What did you do?
    I thought the listening was fine, although we were lucky because we'd covered some child of our time in lessons as a potential work for the comparison listening question. Lucky I guess!
    ahahahaa omg we did the tippett aswell.. but the stupid department had only covered one vocal piece and one choral piece so i had to make up a load of rubbish about by the rio grande by lambert.. and i did the maxwell davies and character pieces.. what did u write for the maxwell davies?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 16, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.