Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the most useful A Level?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^ And I don't mean "useful" as in the one universities like the most. I mean which A level can be applied to and helps the most in real life.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The one you have the most interest in and enjoy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reina)
    ^ And I don't mean "useful" as in the one universities like the most. I mean which A level can be applied to and helps the most in real life.
    I find maths has helped me - stats especially
    It's just made me figure things out in different quicker ways. Perhaps not the A level content so much, maybe just due to doing more difficult mathematical problems. Alot(almost all!) of the maths there though is useless to the average joe

I could survive without it though xD
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Economics. It sparked an interest in politics, news and current affairs, as well as history for me. It changed the way I look at the world, taught me to be critical of everything, analyse, evaluate and look at things from different perspectives.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you mean getting you jobs then Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
    If you mean teaches you relevant stuff that helps you in real life situations, there aren't any really :L
    Maybe maths but the maths they teach you is all algebra
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Maths, simply because it is applicable to almost every part of life.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    It really is debateable and some are most useful in different areas.

For me it has to be history, not only has my essay writing skills improved immensely but a few thousand words seems like nothing. Coupled with that is the fact it has give me great analytical skills, skills involving reading between lines and interpreting, piecing together, presenting a flawless argument, finding flaws in arguments, understanding politics, predicting politics, predicting results, predicting events plus much more.

It's really quite crazy...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can see this thread being a hotbed of well-informed, respectful discussion...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by . . .)
    Economics. It sparked an interest in politics, news and current affairs, as well as history for me. It changed the way I look at the world, taught me to be critical of everything, analyse, evaluate and look at things from different perspectives.
    Completely agree, I think economics is very useful and has helped me understand current affairs and feel i can contribute to conversations more with the knowledge from the subject.

Also maths is good!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Media Studies or Travel and Tourism.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl3:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scientology
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I personally find psychology to be most useful in every day life, it allows you to become more aware about the similarities that connect and the differences between people. You also become more aware of possible psychological techniques being used on you in every day life such as orders from authority and techniques used by advertisers and salesmen, thus you can become more able to resist these influences.

But then, I am coming from quite a bias viewpoint as I love psychology. Also, its not very well respected... But then, that's not what you were asking for.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think all subjects are delightful. And why are getting into racism? We all look the same in the dark.. can't we all just get along?

*Neggers are nerd faggots, enjoy your **** lives.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    foreign languages
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    BTEC P.E.

Erm, joke... Do people on this site have some condition where they can't detect sarcasm?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mathematics
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Psychology in my opinion. Once you begin to understand why people are the way they are, it changes the way you look at the world and yourself.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aWildPidgey)
    BTEC P.E.
    The title reads: "What is the most useful A Level?"

Your attempt at being witty has ****ed you over. :thumbdown:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agenda Suicide)
    It really is debateable and some are most useful in different areas.

For me it has to be history, not only has my essay writing skills improved immensely but a few thousand words seems like nothing. Coupled with that is the fact it has give me great analytical skills, skills involving reading between lines and interpreting, piecing together, presenting a flawless argument, finding flaws in arguments, understanding politics, predicting politics, predicting results, predicting events plus much more.

It's really quite crazy...
    I agree with this. Out of all my A Levels, History (for me) seems to be the most useful. Not only has it improved my analysing and writing skills, it's also - in a way - changed the way I look at things...if that makes any sense

(I'm also more interested in Politics now thanks to History. I can't wait to get started on the Cold War.)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maths. I think it helps with most university courses (all sciences) and also makes you look good because it is supposed to be one of the harder A levels, along with physics.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 18, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.