The Student Room Group

My first year marks - HELP

I failed two modules and have 90 out of 120 credits. One of my modules finance , the leader gave me the opportunity to retake it next year. But my Business of Sport module I got a refferal mark of my test. Unfortunately I came to my country before 1 month right after my last exam ( business of sport ) because my dad suffers myasthenia gravis illnes and I had urgently to come back in my mother country . The problem is that I can resit the exam on 9th July, but the tickets to London are expensive 400 pounds + two ways and my family has debts and hard period right now.

I emailed my leader to take the exam online, if it is possible and told him I took a loan for my tuition fee and work in order to live in London. Do not blame me for my fail in these two modules but the coursework ( Financial Information ) and test ( Business of Sport ) I was already in my country and then returned back for the test and I sent the coursework via the post. Me and my family gave me the last money for tickets and a hostel just to take my test and I have only 18 marks. I feel so ashamed and stupid. And Unfortunately the coursework letter arrived too late and everything crashed down. So Financial Information module just gave me 0 marks for the coursework.

I need your help just tell me , if I can retake the two modules next year and graduate first year with 90 credits. What is your advise guys ?

I am scared, if I retake the WHOLE year again I even cannot take a loan ;(((
HELP !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myasthenia_gravis
Reply 1
That depends entirely on your university.

If you've passed the core modules, they might let you take the failed modules alongside your 2nd year modules (this will be a lot of work though so be prepared for it)

Did you apply for the Student Finance loan (which I believe you're eligible for as an EU student)? If you did they should fund this extra year for you if you do have to retake the whole year (again, can't be sure if EU students are included in this).
Reply 2
yes I am EU student and took a loan for my fees.
Reply 3
Financial Information module is CORE and my tuitor marked me as '' failed, retake next year ''. I talked to him and he said that I dont have to worry, just to retake the module next year as normal.

The Business of Sport is Optional, and I cant resit it ,as I said in my upper post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending