The Student Room Group

Girls can be so insensitive/ignorant

Scroll to see replies

Original post by britchick
Not really, because in both circumstances it's the men in power; the male employees getting paid more AND the women being let in for free. Men can't complain that women getting free access to clubs is unfair if they're instigating it.

agreed i don't like getting in free tbh i think it's kind of sleazy and sexist...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Bellissima
agreed i don't like getting in free tbh i think it's kind of sleazy and sexist.

Exactly. I even take offence when a man wolf whistles at me for the same reason - I am a girl, I am not a piece of meat.
(edited 11 years ago)
Your generalising. Not all girls are like that.
Lastly, your post is just whining and it's already got on my nerves.
Reply 63
How can you complain about sexism whilst saying all women behave in the same way? Yeah a lot of them can act like that, definitely not all...
Original post by rizisap
Where did you get the inspiration for that post?

If what you say is true for most girls explain this inequality: there are far more single nice guys then single nice girls. And many of those none-single nice girls have a boyfriend who is, for lack of a better word, a prick.

Fact is, what you're saying is true, for the minority of girls. What im saying is true for the majority of guys.

I know plenty of lovely girls who are single, and plenty of lovely men who are in relationships; one of whom is with me. I honestly don't know one lady who is dating a prick, or any who would. Back up your claims with facts please, don't just make airy fairy claims because it suits you so.
Reply 65
What you're saying is true, however I don't agree that a woman should be paid less throughout her whole career because she took time off to give birth to 1 child, for example (or even none at all - who's to say she'll even have any?)- surely it would make sense to pay her the same as a man for all the time she is at work and working just as hard as the man is working to get his money, then just arrange payment changes when it comes to the event where she actually does have to take time off? Seems a lot fairer.

That still doesnt solve the problem of the business paying out for unproductive time, though.

the business has to make up the money it loses on maternity pay. where does this money come from? The ideal place is the womans pay packet, after she returns. But, if they do this, they get slammed for paying less to a woman who needs it more then ever.

The only thing they can do is average it out over her career. Hence, the pay gap. I know this isnt the only reason, but its one of them.
Original post by bored.i.am
Some things about girls annoy me. You call girls 'fat' and you get castigated and told to not be so mean. Yet girls are happy to call guys 'scrawny' or 'skinny' with this disgusting shudder when they say it. Do they not realise that is offensive also? They actually say 'skinny' and 'scrawny' openly as well, as if it's fine. Why is it different?

The way girls say things like ' enjoy the single life, stop depending on a girl ... clingyness isn't attractive! etc'. Don't they realise that even ugly girls have a pool of men to choose from and therefore the psyche of a man is maybe different? Or when they complain how men only want sex yet your average girl can take home roughly 700 out of every 1000 male clubbers. Therefore sex is attainable whenever they actually desire it, unlike men.

I just think they take advantage of their sexual advantages without much thought.

There's all this backfiring about womens' rights and equal pay, not to be labelled as a housewife and to be included in football and so forth. But they don't give a damn about divorces and the unfair and inequal rights that men have to face. Infact they revel in the power they have in divorces, which is even worse. They don't care that they get free entry into clubs whereas men don't. So much for being 'equal'. Seems to me they want one rule for themselves, and another for men.

Respect works both ways and I just feel we live in a world where women generally seek a mans wealth and status and expect the man to be loyal, chivalrous and so forth and what are they offering in return? It's like they're only out for themselves.

well the reason why women take advantage of their sexual advantages is because they need love and care and men tend to objectify women and sex is probably the only way they can atleast 'feel' cared by men even though there is no affection there at all... and women know that its hard to get a man to TRULY love you so they just resort to sex...
but i agree with you some women are reallly bitchy and lash out and men and call them whatever they like without considering how they feel...
Reply 67
I really don't understand where the idea girls can guys easier than guys can get girls came from. :confused:
Exactly. I even take offence when a man wolf whistles at me for the same reason - I am a girl, I am not a piece of meat.

i don't mind if a guy shows that he finds you attractive that's completely fine, also don't mind if a guy offers to pay for something for you etc. that is their choice and it is a PERSON doing something nice for one reason or another.

my issue with the free entry is it feels like the clubs are using you as a product, they are "selling" you... it's not something you think about when drunk so in reality it doesn't make a difference but in the light of day then you just feel a bit used by the club... degraded... because it's corporate and a business. they are doing it for cash.
Reply 69
Original post by ironandwine
I know plenty of lovely girls who are single, and plenty of lovely men who are in relationships; one of whom is with me. I honestly don't know one lady who is dating a prick, or any who would. Back up your claims with facts please, don't just make airy fairy claims because it suits you so.

Ok, just let me do a quick census of everyone in the UK.

You can ask to quantify the unquantifiable all you want, but there is a reason that phrases such as 'nice guys finish last' are so common.

How often do you find nice girls not being wanted?
How often do you find nice guys not being wanted?

The former is far more scarce then the latter.

Simply put, nice girls are what every nice guy strives for. But nice guys are often considered too boring to be thought of as genuine (as opposed to hypothetical) boyfriend material.

blaming other people for your downfalls/short comings is a lot easier than blaming yourself and trying to confront it... some guys just feel more comfortable blaming "stupid women" for liking "dickheads" (AKA anyone who isn't them)
Original post by Carpediemxx
Kinda odd, but i find it a massive compliment if people ask if i went on roids, cos i didnt, and its a testament to my hard work. SKinny on the other hand is just not nice to anyone who is actually skinny

I don't really get pissed off, it is a compliment and a massive confidence booster. It is nice to be commented on all your hard work, people don't realize the effort that goes in.
Reply 72
Original post by bored.i.am
Some things about girls annoy me. You call girls 'fat' and you get castigated and told to not be so mean. Yet girls are happy to call guys 'scrawny' or 'skinny' with this disgusting shudder when they say it. Do they not realise that is offensive also? They actually say 'skinny' and 'scrawny' openly as well, as if it's fine. Why is it different?

The way girls say things like ' enjoy the single life, stop depending on a girl ... clingyness isn't attractive! etc'. Don't they realise that even ugly girls have a pool of men to choose from and therefore the psyche of a man is maybe different? Or when they complain how men only want sex yet your average girl can take home roughly 700 out of every 1000 male clubbers. Therefore sex is attainable whenever they actually desire it, unlike men.

I just think they take advantage of their sexual advantages without much thought.

There's all this backfiring about womens' rights and equal pay, not to be labelled as a housewife and to be included in football and so forth. But they don't give a damn about divorces and the unfair and inequal rights that men have to face. Infact they revel in the power they have in divorces, which is even worse. They don't care that they get free entry into clubs whereas men don't. So much for being 'equal'. Seems to me they want one rule for themselves, and another for men.

Respect works both ways and I just feel we live in a world where women generally seek a mans wealth and status and expect the man to be loyal, chivalrous and so forth and what are they offering in return? It's like they're only out for themselves.

A girl called you scrawny then.
Reply 73

Maybe they think the guys are pricks, but their perspective may be altered by their pretty questionable attitude.:s-smilie:
Reply 74
Original post by rizisap
Ok, just let me do a quick census of everyone in the UK.

You can ask to quantify the unquantifiable all you want, but there is a reason that phrases such as 'nice guys finish last' are so common.

How often do you find nice girls not being wanted?
How often do you find nice guys not being wanted?

The former is far more scarce then the latter.

Simply put, nice girls are what every nice guy strives for. But nice guys are often considered too boring to be thought of as genuine (as opposed to hypothetical) boyfriend material.

And what do you consider to be a 'nice guy' or a 'prick'? You can't just fabricate statistics based on your own dodgy standards.
Reply 75
Original post by confusedsixthforme
well the reason why women take advantage of their sexual advantages is because they need love and care and men tend to objectify women and sex is probably the only way they can atleast 'feel' cared by men even though there is no affection there at all... and women know that its hard to get a man to TRULY love you so they just resort to sex...
but i agree with you some women are reallly bitchy and lash out and men and call them whatever they like without considering how they feel...

Again, this says more about the men you surround yourself with. There are more that dont objectify, and who do genuinely want a real relationship. These are also the ones who get overlooked in favour of the objectifying users you mention.
Reply 76
Original post by silverbolt
As someone whos always been a nice guy and is still a nice guy and worries that his gf will get sick of the fact that he is a decent human being who wont cheat on her, or hurt her or treat her like crap (yet at the same time isnt a pushover all the time) i take a little buzz of pleasure in this. Oh and im 30 and shes 27

You made me smile :biggrin: Thank you!
Original post by rizisap
Again, this says more about the men you surround yourself with. There are more that dont objectify, and who do genuinely want a real relationship. These are also the ones who get overlooked in favour of the objectifying users you mention.

you seem quite judgmental and arrogant if i'm honest... which makes me question what you boxes you have to tick to be deemed a "nice guy" by your standards.
Reply 78
blaming other people for your downfalls/short comings is a lot easier than blaming yourself and trying to confront it... some guys just feel more comfortable blaming "stupid women" for liking "dickheads" (AKA anyone who isn't them)

Absolutely right.

Being nice is a 'downfall/shortcoming'. More men should behave like dicks. They should also change their personality on the offchance a woman may find them more attractive.

:rolleyes:

FYI, men dont consider women 'stupid' for liking 'anyone who isnt them'. They do wonder, though, why so many women enter into relationships that anyone can see will be one sided, and subsequently, are...

If I could rep you again I would.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending