The Student Room Group

Girls can be so insensitive/ignorant

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Bellissima
you seem quite judgmental and arrogant if i'm honest... which makes me question what you boxes you have to tick to be deemed a "nice guy" by your standards.

I do apologise if that how it came across. Not intended.
Original post by rizisap
Absolutely right.

Being nice is a 'downfall/shortcoming'. More men should behave like dicks. They should also change their personality on the offchance a woman may find them more attractive.

:rolleyes:

FYI, men dont consider women 'stupid' for liking 'anyone who isnt them'. They do wonder, though, why so many women enter into relationships that anyone can see will be one sided, and subsequently, are...

Pure gold.

You can't just expect someone to like someone else on the basis they are "nice."
Reply 82
Original post by rizisap
Absolutely right.

Being nice is a 'downfall/shortcoming'. More men should behave like dicks. They should also change their personality on the offchance a woman may find them more attractive.

FYI, men dont consider women 'stupid' for liking 'anyone who isnt them'. They do wonder, though, why so many women enter into relationships that anyone can see will be one sided, and subsequently, are...

Your hypocrisy is kinda amazing. From what you've posted here, I wouldn't consider you a nice guy. Maybe these 'dicks' you talk about don't make sweeping generalisations about women? I think that's a pretty attractive trait.
Reply 83
Original post by dr-jimmy
And what do you consider to be a 'nice guy' or a 'prick'? You can't just fabricate statistics based on your own dodgy standards.

What stats would you like?
Reply 84
Original post by noisy06
Well you can't really blame women for that. The stupid people are the men who think women will ever look out for them. Women are not really rational, that's the bottom line. Would you rather be a woman who has everything or a reasoning, rational man? Think about it, and next time a woman calls you skinny, be the man.

This. 100%

<3 x
Original post by bored.i.am
So why do 'nice guys finish last' then?

By 'nice', do you mean 'boring'? That's how boring people see themselves, as 'nice'. No, you're just boring, end of.
Reply 86
I once managed to get a club night cancelled because I protested so much about the unequal treatment of men and women. Women got free entry and had to wear high heels, men had to pay a fiver for entry. I thought it sexist and unfair towards BOTH parties, pointed it out, gained a buttload of support and the club night subsequently gave up and something better was organised in its place.

So don't try and tell me that all girls take advantage of the free entry thing. I think it's outrageous and if it was done on a basis of race there'd be a massive public outry, and therefore it shouldn't be any different if it's gender-based.

I agree that a lot of girls are morons in many respects, but then so are a lot of guys. It's nothing to do with their gender, just their personality, so sweeping generalisations cannot be made.
Reply 87
^Such a warrior :rolleyes:
Reply 88
Your hypocrisy is kinda amazing. From what you've posted here, I wouldn't consider you a nice guy. Maybe these 'dicks' you talk about don't make sweeping generalisations about women? I think that's a pretty attractive trait.

Why are you assumiing i consider myself 'a nice guy'? Bold assumption to make about someone on an internet forum. Why do i have to be a nice guy to make a comment from their perspective?

Incidentally, i didnt make a 'sweeping generalisation' apart from when i was being deliberately saracastic. I did say some women.
Reply 89
Original post by rizisap
What stats would you like?

'If what you say is true for most girls explain this inequality: there are far more single nice guys then single nice girls. And many of those none-single nice girls have a boyfriend who is, for lack of a better word, a prick.

Fact is, what you're saying is true, for the minority of girls. What im saying is true for the majority of guys.'

How do you measure how much a prick someone is? That's just your opinion, you can't say it's a fact because maybe they don't think their boyfriends are pricks. Maybe they would consider you to be a prick.
Original post by rizisap
Absolutely right.

i think if you want to help yourself you should stop hiding behind the "i'm a nice guy so i am doomed to fail because women hate nice guys" excuse, because if you do you're striking yourself out already.

i am not denying you're a nice guy, i don't know you. however i think you need to redefine the word nice and stop manipulating it to mean what you want it to mean, because being "nice" IS NOT the reason you haven't found someone. take a look at reality and the ACTUAL reason you can't seem to find a girl, then take it from there and see if you can confront whatever it is that's holding you back, eg. insecurity, dependance, neediness.

yes, people have to change aspects of themselves if it's what's holding them back. if i had a paranoid jealous side to my personality and as a result kept ringing up whoever i was in a relationship every 5 mins and secretly stalking them to see who they were with and if they were meeting up with girls... i would need to change that if i wanted to be in a proper functional relationship!

personally i don't see trying to become more confident, less insecure, less needy... as "personality changes"... more self improvement. it would make you a lot happier.

and you're right, MOST men don't (or at least handle it a lot better)... but the men who bring out the "nice guy" card more often than not DO seem to think women are stupid for going with people who aren't them, then go on to blame women and call the guys "dicks".
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 91
This thread just proves that some men are insensitive and ignorant to womens feelings also.... yes some girls can be ignorant and use their looks as an advantage but so do men. Its hypocritical in itself to say women can get a guy if they wanted him because they cant and it is under the presumption that we are all 'slags'. For a girl to 'have' a guy the guy believe me is just as willing.
The only people that cant see that are the guys that cant get a girl in the first place probably due to their degrading view of women. ( and yes i said the word degrading because i am not a stereotypical dumb tart who is willing to 'get' with any guy she can, and women are just as intelligent as men.
Reply 92
'If what you say is true for most girls explain this inequality: there are far more single nice guys then single nice girls. And many of those none-single nice girls have a boyfriend who is, for lack of a better word, a prick.

Fact is, what you're saying is true, for the minority of girls. What im saying is true for the majority of guys.'

How do you measure how much a prick someone is? That's just your opinion, you can't say it's a fact because maybe they don't think their boyfriends are pricks. Maybe they would consider you to be a prick.

In some respects, they wouldnt be far wrong :smile:

You're right, though. I should have clarified, what i've said is true in my experience, and those of most of the people i've broached this topic with. Thus, for myself, and those people, its a fact. If you genuinely find a different scenario, fair play to you!
Reply 93
Original post by rizisap
Why are you assumiing i consider myself 'a nice guy'? Bold assumption to make about someone on an internet forum. Why do i have to be a nice guy to make a comment from their perspective?

Incidentally, i didnt make a 'sweeping generalisation' apart from when i was being deliberately saracastic. I did say some women.

Yeah, alright, that's true, you didn't say you are a nice guy. But you said they are the people who don't get girls, like your opinion of a nice guy is definite. Hasn't it occurred to you that maybe some women have a different view of what makes a nice guy to you, and that they're not just settling for dicks because they're looking for material wealth? And no, you didn't say 'some women' in your original post, you said some things about girls.. You essentially stated all women want is a rich man and that they abuse perceived 'sexual advantages'.
Reply 94
Original post by bored.i.am

Respect works both ways and I just feel we live in a world where women generally seek a mans wealth and status and expect the man to be loyal, chivalrous and so forth and what are they offering in return? It's like they're only out for themselves.

Exactly what i mean when i say this is the sort of guy that is insensitive and ignorant to a girls feelings. How can you call us hypocrites!!!!! and by the way you are categorising all women into one category.
My advice the reason you are 'hating' on girls is because you cant find one that is interested in you and to be honest its not hard to understand with the totally unjust view you have that all women are insensitive slags that dominate over all men. Seriously give it a break
Reply 95
That's a big generalisation to be made in your part. While I agree with the topic of equal rights for women, I do not believe that it should mean men's rights are removed from them and I'm sure many women, even the most dedicated feminists, would agree with me on that.

There are of course some women who fall into the category which you describe, a good example being those girls on the channel 4 sex lies and rinsing guys program, but they are certainly in the minority. Look at all the girls of to uni to study dentistry, medicine, veterinary etc and those who work as CEOs and run their own businesses etc. Women with a drive to succeed and do well for themselves are unlikely to want to depend on a man's wealth and whether you like to believe it or not, the number of girls who now go to university in order to better themselves and who compete for the top jobs have increased significantly so your assumptions are very wrong.
Reply 96
Original post by rizisap
In some respects, they wouldnt be far wrong :smile:

You're right, though. I should have clarified, what i've said is true in my experience, and those of most of the people i've broached this topic with. Thus, for myself, and those people, its a fact. If you genuinely find a different scenario, fair play to you!

If that's really your experience I think you should find new girls to be friends with. The last things I'd be interested in in a guy would be his looks and money, and I know a lot of girls who are the same. If you're complaining about the people you've surrounded yourself with, try and seek out ones you'd like more.
Reply 97
Original post by becvic
Now that is a NICE GUY

Exactly! Bit of a flawed argument here. Or maybe I'm wrong because 'women are irrational'.

Rational is all I've got.:frown:
Reply 98
Original post by Bellissima
i think if you want to help yourself you should stop hiding behind the "i'm a nice guy so i am doomed to fail because women hate nice guys" excuse, because if you do you're resigning yourself already.

i am not denying you're a nice guy, i don't know you. however i think you need to redefine the word nice and stop manipulating it to mean what you want it to mean, because being "nice" IS NOT the reason you haven't found someone. take a look at reality and the ACTUAL reason you can't seem to find a girl, then take it from there and see if you can confront whatever it is that's holding you back, eg. insecurity, dependance, neediness.

yes, people have to change aspects of themselves if it's what's holding them back. if i had a paranoid jealous side to my personality and as a result kept ringing up whoever i was in a relationship every 5 mins and secretly stalking them to see who they were with and if they were meeting up with girls... i would need to change that if i wanted to be in a proper functional relationship!

personally i don't see trying to become more confident, less insecure, less needy... as "personality changes"... more self improvement. it would make you a lot happier.

Firstly, why assume i consider myself nice? You dont have to be something to make a comment from that perspective.

Secondly, thanks for assuming i'm single :-)

Incidentally, i think i could be a nicer person, and i am not single (check back frequently though, this could change quite rapidly).

The traits you list would be self improvement, i agree. However, there are other traits which wouldnt be considered improvement if they were developed. As an example, one of my uni housemates hated drinking, bars and clubbing. he was a confident guy, not insecure, and very independant. He soon realised though, that to meet new people (beyond his housemates, societymates and coursemates) he would have to do the whole Bar-ing and Clubbing scene. He started going out with the lads, but he hated every minute of it. whenever he struck up a conversation with someone, he'd have to dumb down his dislike. If he met someone on a night out, told them he hated nights out and drinking, he'd normally get a funny look and an exasperated 'what are you doing here then?'. Occasionally, he pulled it off and managed to meet a girl he went on to have a relationship with, but it never lasted, and he maintained, he was never really that happy because the whole relationship had stemmed from something he didnt really enjoy.

In such a situation, would it be considered a positive change?
Reply 99
Original post by ibrownie
Guys expect us to be 5"7, big tits, small waist and look like Megan Fox.
2 can play at this game, surely.

Na, I really really don't care, they just need a nice face and have a good body shape(pretty easy to do) just need to get their ass running and stop eating those donuts.

I personally like short and tall girls and despite me liking big juicy breasts, I also like them to be in proportion, give or take a bra size letter in fact I think I have a straight up woman fetish, which reminds me. Time for :dice:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending