Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

China throws it's toys out the pram yet again...

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/o...t-7848613.html

It's funny really. Everybody knows so why are they trying to hide it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL, well the Chinese are not happy when things dont go their way...but I doubt Leeds will do anything about it.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    A perennial problem in the rear end.

There is also an ongoing diplomatic and commercial one going on as well due to the PM meeting the Dalai Lama.

Not that I agree with the Dalai Lama and their concept of slavery.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    China did at least make the toys they are throwing out of their pram!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I had a friend from Hong Kong who believed the Dali Lama was a terrorist who used to murder Chinese tourists with his bare hands. Seriously, that's what he had been told. Theres a lot I like about China, but trying to label the worlds happiest man as a terrorist is just stupid.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yung Mon£y)
    I had a friend from Hong Kong who believed the Dali Lama was a terrorist who used to murder Chinese tourists with his bare hands. Seriously, that's what he had been told. Theres a lot I like about China, but trying to label the worlds happiest man as a terrorist is just stupid.
    Hong Kong isn't the same as China. Plus he could have just googled it. The internet's not restricted in hk...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoeaw)
    Hong Kong isn't the same as China. Plus he could have just googled it. The internet's not restricted in hk...
    This was years before google became the resource for knowledge. Plus, have you ever googles Mother Te
    And HK is generally better then the rest of China in terms of freedom of knowledge due to a more western upbringing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    China did at least make the toys they are throwing out of their pram!
    Touche!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yung Mon£y)
    This was years before google became the resource for knowledge. Plus, have you ever googles Mother Te
    And HK is generally better then the rest of China in terms of freedom of knowledge due to a more western upbringing.
    I have never met anyone who thinks the Dalai Lama was a terrorist.. Was this HK guy brought up in China or something?
    No one's ever told me that Mother Teresa was a terrorist though :P
    I think it's more to do with HK being a SAR so they are allowed freedom of information much more than the 'western' upbringing. (Do HK people really have a western upbringing though?)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoeaw)
    I have never met anyone who thinks the Dalai Lama was a terrorist.. Was this HK guy brought up in China or something?
    No one's ever told me that Mother Teresa was a terrorist though :P
    I think it's more to do with HK being a SAR so they are allowed freedom of information much more than the 'western' upbringing. (Do HK people really have a western upbringing though?)
    It is more western, or at least it used to be. They never referred to HK as China but HK so much so they would correct you if you said they were going to China.
    He was brought up in HK. That's my point though, you simply have gone on what you have been told about someone which is where it's possible to very easily trick people into believing the wrong thing.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 19, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.