The Student Room Group

OCR C3 exam 14th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

I used an additional answer booklet as i ran out of space. Do i fill in the paper reference as 4723, or do i put the specification code? Does it matter if i put the wrong code as it was handed in along with my original answer booklet.
Reply 61
In the question where it says show the graph has only one root, how did people draw their graphs?
Also what did you get for the value of the root?
Reply 62
what did u guys get for the 7 marker one.. i gt a=4 and i gt a big fraction for the gf(x)=68 or summa :/
also, wt did u get for 9ii? i gt a quadratic equation involving e. (dunno where i gt it from)
Reply 63
Original post by Anthony Ani
In the question where it says show the graph has only one root, how did people draw their graphs?
Also what did you get for the value of the root?

an upside down x^2 graph central, and an exponential graph never touching the y axis in the positive x quadrant only...

It was 3 point something from the iteration :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by studentofskhs
I used an additional answer booklet as i ran out of space. Do i fill in the paper reference as 4723, or do i put the specification code? Does it matter if i put the wrong code as it was handed in along with my original answer booklet.

no it wont matter as long as the sheet is correctly inside your paper and you have your name on it
Reply 65
Original post by msimon
what did u guys get for the 7 marker one.. i gt a=4 and i gt a big fraction for the gf(x)=68 or summa :/
also, wt did u get for 9ii? i gt a quadratic equation involving e. (dunno where i gt it from)

a = 4 x = -0.5...

9ii pi((3/2*e^4) + 1/2)

= 1/2 pi (3e^4+1)
Reply 66
Original post by tomfails
an upside down x^2 graph central, and an exponential graph never touching the x axis in the positive x quadrant only...

It was 3 point something from the iteration :smile:

I drew an upside down x^2 graph and then an exponential graph that didn't touch the y axis :/
unofficial mark scheme anyone? :smile:
Reply 68
Looking forward to opening my results sheet and reading 100 UMS in August. :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by Anthony Ani
I drew an upside down x^2 graph and then an exponential graph that didn't touch the y axis :/

same
Wait how is everyone getting c=8 and k=3 or whatever? I got c=40 and k=3/5
Reply 71
Original post by Satsui no hado
Wait how is everyone getting c=8 and k=3 or whatever? I got c=40 and k=3/5

It's quite simple.
Reply 72
Original post by Amazing Al
It's quite simple.

being an A2-level maths exam, nothing is 'quite simple'.
the arrogance was strong with this one
Reply 73
Original post by Tyles
being an A2-level maths exam, nothing is 'quite simple'.
the arrogance was strong with this one

Sorry for expressing my true opinion, but I could have done that exam in my sleep anyway.
Reply 74
Yeah i got negative numbers for θ

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 75
Sorry for expressing my true opinion, but I could have done that exam in my sleep anyway.

Sometimes true opinions are better left unsaid, like the opinion I get of you right now.
Reply 76
Original post by Tyles
Sometimes true opinions are better left unsaid, like the opinion I get of you right now.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

However, the starter of this thread asked how we found C3 so I was simply answering his question. :smile:

I'd like to have seen you do FP2 in your sleep too
Reply 78
Original post by Satsui no hado
I'd like to have seen you do FP2 in your sleep too

Oh yeah I did that in my sleep too, don't worry.
I like your style Amazing Al and i agree that exam was so simple that it made C1 look hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending