Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you text someone knowing you will always have to initiate?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Yeah she did but it was because we were doing the same course.

I could be wrong but it seems he's toying with you and, hope you don't mind me saying, he probably isn't interested in you. Hope that's not the case though.
    Yeah I realised a few weeks ago :mad:, although I am still stupid enough to keep texting him.. Although I went 2 or 3 days before and not one text off him.. Ah well I am going to stop for good this time.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staceycake)
    Yeah I realised a few weeks ago :mad:, although I am still stupid enough to keep texting him.. Although I went 2 or 3 days before and not one text off him.. Ah well I am going to stop for good this time.
    This is precisely the reason why I don't wanna text her. I know it'll always be left up to me. Though today my mate encouraged me to text her saying at least I would have done my part, which is kinda true. I think it's the same with you.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is precisely the reason why I don't wanna text her. I know it'll always be left up to me. Though today my mate encouraged me to text her saying at least I would have done my part, which is kinda true. I think it's the same with you.
    Did you do so? I hope so.
    Yeah each time I did my part, rarely got anything back so I have gave up.
    Yesterday when I texted him saying how I am always the one texting him, if I didn't for days or weeks he still wouldn't text me first. His reply was "I'm sorry, I've been busy over the past few weeks trying to get my life on track, I wasn't trying to be rude"
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did you do so? I hope so.
    Yeah each time I did my part, rarely got anything back so I have gave up.
    Yesterday when I texted him saying how I am always the one texting him, if I didn't for days or weeks he still wouldn't text me first. His reply was "I'm sorry, I've been busy over the past few weeks trying to get my life on track, I wasn't trying to be rude"
    I haven't yet lol. I just don't wanna be in your situation. Though knowing myself I would not text again until she does.

Didn't you mention in a post earlier how he's been on Facebook, Xbox and whatnot? Maybe you could ask him about that? But it doesn't appear fair how he's treating you.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't yet lol. I just don't wanna be in your situation. Though knowing myself I would not text again until she does.

Didn't you mention in a post earlier how he's been on Facebook, Xbox and whatnot? Maybe you could ask him about that? But it doesn't appear fair how he's treating you.
    Well hopefully your situation works out better than mine has.

Exactly and is every day on a dating site so that even ruins the 'I'm not ready'.
    I would but once he told me about him hiding his dating profile, just about 2 days later he had unhid it and when I mentioned it he said I was being stupid about it. Ah well I can do better.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well hopefully your situation works out better than mine has.

Exactly and is every day on a dating site so that even ruins the 'I'm not ready'.
    I would but once he told me about him hiding his dating profile, just about 2 days later he had unhid it and when I mentioned it he said I was being stupid about it. Ah well I can do better.
    Yeah you definitely can do better though it's understandable that you may be finding it hard to let go of this guy.

It I were to text the girl what should I ask bearing in mind we haven't been in touch for quite a while? I don't want it to be "hey how are you?"... "I'm fine" sort of convo.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 15, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.