Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Finish A levels before Easter - Will UCAS know?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so basically if I do well in my January exams next year I'll have 4 A levels completed before the Easter Holidays. As I will know my grade by that time as well (although it could change due to UMS etc), will universities? Would it already be put as confirmed/declined entry?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends if your results have been 'cashed in' or not - that is, your school/college has told the exam board that you have completed the required amount of units for that course and you will be signed off/certificated and your grade is official. If not, your result will still officially be pending.

I don't think I've explained that very well, but hopefully you'll understand.

For example, I sat an AS level a year early in 2008, but my school didn't cash it in until 2009 so I'd have the same official date for all my AS levels - if that makes sense?
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platostolemysocks)
    Ok, so basically if I do well in my January exams next year I'll have 4 A levels completed before the Easter Holidays. As I will know my grade by that time as well (although it could change due to UMS etc), will universities? Would it already be put as confirmed/declined entry?
    January exam results aren't sent direct to UCAS in the way that June ones are, so you would have to inform them yourself. Track updates to unconditional when the university tells UCAS their conditions have been met, so they could update it upon receiving confirmation of your results, but they have a lot of other priorities and often don't bother until results day in August.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.