The Student Room Group

I can't set the time for my watch (roxy syrup digital watch)- no instructions :(

I bought a watch and it didn't come with any instructions and I literally have no idea how to set the time or date...it's fairly advanced and comes with different features like dual time, a pace monitor and a fancy stop watch and I'm not even going to attempt to use these but I just need to know how to set the time lol! There's also a really loud beep every time I press any button which I would quite like to turn off but again, this isn't a major priority right now.

Has anyone got this watch or a similar roxy/quiksilver watch and can help me out? There's 4 buttons, "light", "mode", "start/stop" and "lap/reset" and I've tried every combination I can think of but nothing to change the time is coming up! ahhh....
Reply 1
This is where men and women differ, for example when I buy a new watch...I get the instructions, laugh in its face and throw them in the bin and then spend 6-7 hours setting the time. Whereas women spend a few minutes fiddling with it, then go to the internet to ask for help.

So from previous experience holding down one of the buttons and pressing a 2nd button, would allow me to set the time....best I can do, i'm afraid but it's better than nothing xD
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by slylee
This is where men and women differ, for example when I buy a new watch...I get the instructions, laugh in its face and throw them in the bin and then spend 6-7 hours setting the time. Whereas women spend a few minutes fiddling with it, then go to the internet to ask for help.

So from previous experience holding down one of the buttons and pressing a 2nd button, would allow me to set the time....best I can i'm afraid but it's better than nothing xD

Lol! I bought it off ebay and it said it came with no instructions but I thought "PAH! Instructions?!? Who needs instructions!!"

Turns out I do.

But seriously it's like no digital watch I've ever seen before, I've tried every combination of button pressing possible (including the light button ha!) and nothing. I've emailed the Roxy headquarters in France for help, I'm sure they'll respond any time now...
Reply 3
Original post by snapper1
Lol! I bought it off ebay and it said it came with no instructions but I thought "PAH! Instructions?!? Who needs instructions!!"

Turns out I do.

But seriously it's like no digital watch I've ever seen before, I've tried every combination of button pressing possible (including the light button ha!) and nothing. I've emailed the Roxy headquarters in France for help, I'm sure they'll respond any time now...

You could try google searchs with model number/make etc

I think you did the best option (emailing them) just hope you're not trolled by them, ie replying in french.....well unless you speak french.

You could try pressing the mode button until it gets to the timer and then holding the same button down while pressing another. I swear they make every damn watch different and more complicated each year.
Reply 4
Original post by slylee
You could try google searchs with model number/make etc

I think you did the best option (emailing them) just hope you're not trolled by them, ie replying in french.....well unless you speak french.

You could try pressing the mode button until it gets to the timer and then holding the same button down while pressing another. I swear they make every damn watch different and more complicated each year.

I've asked another seller on ebay selling the same watch if they could let me know too, so fingers crossed I'll find out somehow! Ha I know right?! Oh well thanks for trying to help anyways :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by snapper1
I've asked another seller on ebay selling the same watch if they could let me know too, so fingers crossed I'll find out somehow! Ha I know right?! Oh well thanks for trying to help anyways :smile:

Hope you find out soon...also keep it out of your bedroom tonight, i've had my watch going off in the middle of the night, giving me a heart attack ¬_¬
Reply 6
I just did this with my daughter's watch. Try this: press the bottom left button, press the bottom right button to select what needs to be changed, then use the upper right button to change as needed. Hope this helps!
Reply 7
Any chance you worked out how to set time?
My son has just bought same watch... He's thrown instructions away, this didn't bother me until I couldn't set it!! lol
Help appreciated!!

Latest

Trending

Trending