Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Right person but wrong timing- Anybody else get this?

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering whether many other people have met someone who was so 'right' for them but at the wrong time. For instance, moving from school to college or to different universities etc... So for circumstances out of your control you can not be with that person.

I seem to have very bad luck with this, always meeting the right people but always at the wrong time.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Actually yes.

My first girlfriend, an Aussie from Perth who I met in an orchestra. Lasted a year, but she had to move back to Perth with her parents (aged 17).

Tried the long-distance thing, but neither of us had the money to see each other, so it fizzled out.

Was a shame, going very well.

Yep- just before we were leaving uni for the summer.

Yes, now . It's currently fine, he's just got back from uni (it didn't take long for us to visit each other even when he was there), I've almost finished my A2 exams and so we get loads of time together during the summer
    It's just in September, I'm so scared about what's going to happen. Before it was only like an hour trip to see each other, but I'm going to uni too so we'll be ~4 hours away. I'm just worried that what with train prices and stuff we won't be able to see each other much and things may break apart
    Weird that I was always the person who called long distance relationships stupid then started going out with the most wonderful guy without realising that's what it'll soon be
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    If they were the right person and you were the right person for them, there wouldn't be any excuses.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes... So frustrating
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Always happens, fracking frustrating.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well... I suppose you could say this happened to me..

I met my boyfriend while I was studying abroad 3000 miles away and we only started dating 5 months before I had to go home (we knew each other before though, since the start of my year abroad) so... I guess you can see it as "right person, wrong time"

But.. regardless of the situation we kept it going and are still together a year later. So... I think sometimes it is worth just going for it, even if it seems like an impossible situation because you never know!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.