Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your cognitive profile? Online test.

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I posted this in the entertainment forum before and didn't get a response, so I thought I would see if people here are more interested in this sort of thing.
    (Original post by When you see it...)
    http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm
    Not sure if I should post this somewhere else. Anyway, I thought I would give some procrastination material to those of you still doing exams.
    The results I got were:
    I got:
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cognitive functions.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	157076  
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    That was a waste of 5 minutes.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whattheheck)
    That was a waste of 5 minutes.
    What?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh I think I get what you're saying as I haven't got a response here yet. Incidentally, bump.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say that people aren't really interested in this sort of stuff?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol I was hoping for a discussion where everyone posted their results and we tried to figure out what it all meant and analysed how valid the test is etc.
    One last, desperate attempt at bumping this.
    The other thread had about 150 views, did nobody even do the test?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	157370

Apparently I'm an ESTP.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Stewie)

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	157370

Apparently I'm an ESTP.
    What exactly does that mean? I know that each letter corresponds to introversion-extraversion etc. but what do these cognitive functions have to do with it?
    Also, any idea what the difference is between intuition and thinking?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    What exactly does that mean? I know that each letter corresponds to introversion-extraversion etc. but what do these cognitive functions have to do with it?
    Also, any idea what the difference is between intuition and thinking?
    Sensing and intuition are two they compare and thinking and feeling are the other pair.

sensing is recalling data and knowledge to help you deal with a situation while intuition is picking up on certain patterns in a kind of brain storm fashion.

Thinking is following evidence and logic usually in a linear manner while feeling means to adhere to personal beliefs and other peoples feelings.

basically they separate the 8 possible results into 2 groups each with 4 in, one contains the sensing and intuition categories and the other the thinking and feeling categories.

The answers you give seem to give you some kind of score (the thing we posted with numbers assigned to each category) and based on that score you are assigned into one of 16 4 letter codes which presumably tells you something about your mental ability and natural capabilities.

Jungs stuff never appealed to me and the site seems to be aimed at getting you to buy some books http://www.bestfittype.com/istj.html which seem to be focused around improving your work environment and achieving some kind of spiritual progression. Although ESTP does seem to describe me quite well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESTP

Outgoing
    Charming
    Witty
    Fun
    Generous
    Observant
    Socially sophisticated
    Resourceful
    Troubleshooter
    Unpredictable
    Action oriented
    Clever

I am pretty awesome :awesome:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Stewie)
    Sensing and intuition are two they compare and thinking and feeling are the other pair.

sensing is recalling data and knowledge to help you deal with a situation while intuition is picking up on certain patterns in a kind of brain storm fashion.

Thinking is following evidence and logic usually in a linear manner while feeling means to adhere to personal beliefs and other peoples feelings.

basically they separate the 8 possible results into 2 groups each with 4 in, one contains the sensing and intuition categories and the other the thinking and feeling categories.

The answers you give seem to give you some kind of score (the thing we posted with numbers assigned to each category) and based on that score you are assigned into one of 16 4 letter codes which presumably tells you something about your mental ability and natural capabilities.

Jungs stuff never appealed to me and the site seems to be aimed at getting you to buy some books http://www.bestfittype.com/istj.html which seem to be focused around improving your work environment and achieving some kind of spiritual progression. Although ESTP does seem to describe me quite well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESTP

Outgoing
    Charming
    Witty
    Fun
    Generous
    Observant
    Socially sophisticated
    Resourceful
    Troubleshooter
    Unpredictable
    Action oriented
    Clever

I am pretty awesome :awesome:
    What was the bit you edited out about it being discredited/hocum (sorry to pick you up on this). I agree that it does seem a bit silly (interesting nonetheless). If you read the descriptions of any type, they are made out to be superhuman (except INFP for some reason - maybe that Jung bloke had a grudge!) and strength after strength is listed, so I agree that perhaps the people behind it are trying to sell us something.
    I don't get how these 16 types can be defined both by cognitive functions and by four 'scales' (as with other online tests), surely (at least) one must be false.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    What was the bit you edited out about it being discredited/hocum (sorry to pick you up on this). I agree that it does seem a bit silly (interesting nonetheless). If you read the descriptions of any type, they are made out to be superhuman (except INFP for some reason - maybe that Jung bloke had a grudge!) and strength after strength is listed, so I agree that perhaps the people behind it are trying to sell us something.
    I don't get how these 16 types can be defined both by cognitive functions and by four 'scales' (as with other online tests), surely (at least) one must be false.
    I edited because although i don't view it as accurate or solid in any way shape or form calling it hocum was a tad harsh, astrology is hocum and although i don't view the test as particularly valid i think Jung had some good basic ideas but don't think humans can be simplified to the extent he and others who picked up on his work have tried to do. I wouldn't say it is completely invalid and I'm sure many people will find their personality being quite accurately represented by doing the test but attempting to understand something as complicated as personalities is a lot more tricky than simply identifying linked traits.

But doing the test as a bit of fun was worthwhile.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    The questions are really badly worded and quite ambiguous at times - the results don't clearly state what you are or explain it in a concise way. Don't know who made it but it's pretty bad.
    • 117 followers

ReputationRep:
    ENTP. I have to admit, I don't really understand what it is trying to explain to me.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    ENTP. I have to admit, I don't really understand what it is trying to explain to me.
    I know, I am rather confused/overwhelmed too. Anyone able to explain what each function actually is and the differences between them?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _becca)
    The questions are really badly worded and quite ambiguous at times - the results don't clearly state what you are or explain it in a concise way. Don't know who made it but it's pretty bad.
    Yeah, it is the best one I could find though. I mainly started this thread to debate how valid the theory is rather than use it to determine what personality group people are in.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is Myers-Briggs? I'm an INTP.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    awful test
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    awful test
    They are all awful, this is the bst one I could find.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 16, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

How to make sure you're prepared for Thursday

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.