Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Do you think UClan will still let me do the pharmacy course even if I miss the offer?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do you think UClan will still let me do the pharmacy course even if I miss the offer by one grade? They gave me a offer of ABB, i might not get that, i will probably get ABC, will they still let me do the course?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Dependent on how subscribed the course is really.
    I've known people who've missed offers by a grade and still been accepted without a phonecall, though I've known people to have missed by a grade and then be told no under no circumstances when they've called to ask if they can still be accepted.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As above depends on the course really. On results day I missed out on my offer (since got it remarked and I did meet it) but they still accepted me.
    I'd recommend going on flying start as not only does it help you learn about the uni I heard if you miss your offer by just a grade they are more likely to accept you onto the course if you've attended flying start. See more info here
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing music production so I need 260 UCAS points (BCC)
    I emailed them asking what happens if I miss the requirements and they basically said that if you miss out by a little bit they MAY be lenient and take your AS grades into account

Oh and I know a girl (At Birmingham uni) who missed her grades and got home to find a letter saying they'll accept her anyway

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 19, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.