The Student Room Group

1st uni exam tomorrow :l

doing a 2nd year maths module exam tomorrow on about 12 topics and i NEED a 2:1 minimum..

been revising 6 hours per day for the last week. i done a past exam paper today and took about 2 hours, I get up to 3 hours in the exam. Anyways I thought I done really well, at least 70%, maybe over 85%..

Turns out I only got 70% exactly... Lots of stupid mistakes like putting a + instead of a - in my workings. And 55=25 haha, oh god.

I know I'll pass which is 40% but there's no way I want a 2:2 :/ STRESSING OUT

Oh and I still need to learn how to do stupid proofs by mathematical induction :/
Wow, you just started your uni exams. I had my first uni exam on the 31st April and had 4 Law exams in four consecutive days and then one another 5 days later. It was EXTREMELY stressful. I get angry when people are only just finishing their exams, when I finished mine weeks ago.

/rant (sorry I had to let it out somewhere)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do great once you get in there :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Bleak Lemming
doing a 2nd year maths module exam tomorrow on about 12 topics and i NEED a 2:1 minimum..

been revising 6 hours per day for the last week. i done a past exam paper today and took about 2 hours, I get up to 3 hours in the exam. Anyways I thought I done really well, at least 70%, maybe over 85%..

Turns out I only got 70% exactly... Lots of stupid mistakes like putting a + instead of a - in my workings. And 55=25 haha, oh god.

I know I'll pass which is 40% but there's no way I want a 2:2 :/ STRESSING OUT

Oh and I still need to learn how to do stupid proofs by mathematical induction :/

A 2:1 is only 60% so if you're getting 70% why worry?
Why don't you get off tsr and do some more revision then? haha
Original post by Norton1
A 2:1 is only 60% so if you're getting 70% why worry?

OU is 70% for 2:1 >85% for 1st
Reply 6

seriously? thats hard :/ when I first saw I was panicking for when I go to uni! so generally a 2:1 is 60%? good.
Reply 7

Harsh! I suppose just use the extra time you have in the exam to go through it all very slowly and carefully? It seems you recognised your mistakes when you had a chance to look back at them so I think the extra time you'll have in the exam should pick you up a few marks.
had the exam this morning, 1st is out of the question but a 2:1 is still on the cards.. think I done ok ish but know for a face i lost some marks
Reply 9
had the exam this morning, 1st is out of the question but a 2:1 is still on the cards.. think I done ok ish but know for a face i lost some marks

Done now, so don't worry about it! And of course you lost some marks, you could lose 30% of all the available marks so just keep calm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending