The Student Room Group

OCR FP2 (MEI) Exam 21 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

I can't remember what I've got for many of these but if they work with any angle then the coefficients should be right.
Reply 101
Find the least positive integer n for which z^n is real? I got n=6? :frown:

Last bit was 8j and -8j, lol failed that.

I used z=lamba then got some off solutions, solution was a line? sheaf?
Reply 102
what did you get for when the matrix doesnt have an inverse for a?
Reply 103
Original post by gymrat

How did you get n=6? like the method?
Original post by gymrat

Is this the right answer?

And I got n=6 and that the line was a sheaf too, I'm not sure about n=6 though :smile:
what was b everyone has different answers its not 4 by the way
Reply 106
Original post by alexbumpoo
what was b everyone has different answers its not 4 by the way

I think i got like -48 or something rediculous!?
Original post by skibur
How did you get n=6? like the method?

http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/2011_June_fp2.pdf

If you go down to 2iv) then I used the same method they used, to get n=6 on our test (although showed barely any working out so I probably still won't get the marks as it was a bit of a guess)

Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier, I only had yesterday and today to revise for this exam so I've been pretty stressed, I think for Core 4 an A* might be mid to high 70's, like 76ish would be my guess :smile:
Original post by mapplie
I think i got like -48 or something rediculous!?

the question is wrong it doesnt work for any value of b my dad tried doing it also said it couldnt be done
Reply 109
the question is wrong it doesnt work for any value of b my dad tried doing it also said it couldnt be done

yeh i just tried it again and i keep getting 0
Original post by mapplie
yeh i just tried it again and i keep getting 0

its annoying me so much spent 45 mins on it couldnt get it to work

Don't you just cancel one variable in 2 different ways 2 get 2 equations? I got b=4 (i think, as I've just redone it now)

How can it not be done?

It's similar to the question from last year (june 2011) and they just do exactly what I've done
(edited 11 years ago)
Isn't the least n = 3 since you want isin(theta) to equal 0 so 3 would work?

I am very sure that b= 4 is the answer.
okay when b=4 what to x y z = because im sure its not four even my graphics calculator says maths error when i put 4
Original post by Reminisce
Isn't the least n = 3 since you want isin(theta) to equal 0 so 3 would work?

I am very sure that b= 4 is the answer.

Agreed on b=4.
Reply 115
Original post by Benniboi1
http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/2011_June_fp2.pdf

If you go down to 2iv) then I used the same method they used, to get n=6 on our test (although showed barely any working out so I probably still won't get the marks as it was a bit of a guess)

Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier, I only had yesterday and today to revise for this exam so I've been pretty stressed, I think for Core 4 an A* might be mid to high 70's, like 76ish would be my guess :smile:

Oh I get you :smile: I hope you're wrong though:colone: haha, you only had two days to revise for this! must have been some task. I hope you're right about the core 4 then we would both get A*s! but I guess we will have to wait for results day
honestly it cant be 4 if you have a graphics calculator check or even check with an online graphics calc
Original post by skibur
Oh I get you :smile: I hope you're wrong though:colone: haha, you only had two days to revise for this! must have been some task. I hope you're right about the core 4 then we would both get A*s! but I guess we will have to wait for results day

Haha :biggrin: I wouldn't be overly fussed if I'm wrong, I need to average 70UMS over this and S3 to get an A, which means like 50/72 which I think I will have got anyway (I hope) :smile: yep, and I haven't started revising for S3 yet and it's tomorrow :biggrin: ahh I hope so, I just hope it's good news on results day! :smile:
Reply 118
Original post by Benniboi1
Haha :biggrin: I wouldn't be overly fussed if I'm wrong, I need to average 70UMS over this and S3 to get an A, which means like 50/72 which I think I will have got anyway (I hope) :smile: yep, and I haven't started revising for S3 yet and it's tomorrow :biggrin: ahh I hope so, I just hope it's good news on results day! :smile:

Same tbh, I need to get about 63 I think, thats if my others have went as well as planned. I wish Id done S3, but I got made to do D2 instead -.- and same, what do you need to get? :smile:
honestly it cant be 4 if you have a graphics calculator check or even check with an online graphics calc

Can you even do that question on a calculator? Isn't it a line of points though so it can't just give you a single point which is why it wont work? :/ try the question on june 2011 with t=-5/2 and see what your calc says

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending