Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this laptop good to buy for me?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I spent quite a while looking for laptops. I narrowed it down to the Acer Aspire 4750. I need it for my school work, and I like to play quite demanding games, like Crysis warhead, or Battlefield. I want a laptop that is quite cheap, and has quite a big hard disk, and around 4gb of RAM. I'm calling to all my fellow tech geeks . I need your opinion asap. Thank you. P.S. What laptop would you reccommend?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Check the graphics card. This website is helpful:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Compute...s.13849.0.html

It just looks like you won't be playing those games on high settings.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natatronf)
    I spent quite a while looking for laptops. I narrowed it down to the Acer Aspire 4750. I need it for my school work, and I like to play quite demanding games, like Crysis warhead, or Battlefield. I want a laptop that is quite cheap, and has quite a big hard disk, and around 4gb of RAM. I'm calling to all my fellow tech geeks . I need your opinion asap. Thank you. P.S. What laptop would you reccommend?
    What's your budget?
    Cos getting crysis and Battlefield will cost a bit with the dedicated graphics, the other problem is that laptop graphics starts struggling with the latest games among the low end side of graphics.
    • 71 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natatronf)
    When you use the words "quite cheap" and "Crysis" in the same demands for a laptop, I can safely say you're not going to find one The one you linked has 540m, so check out benchmarks for it. You'll probably be able to play well at medium settings in 1366x768, but don't expect anything higher than that or your FPS will start to die Check out the CPU/RAM specs too, as they could have an impact on performance as well.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.