Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need help with my offer.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay so Aberystwyth Uni have given me an offer of 300 ucas points 'to be gained from 3 a levels'.

So, I assumed that this would mean that I would have to get three b's - 100 points from each grade.

However, I have an AS in Drama that I didn't take up to A2 and I also have an E in Critical Thinking (I know... why?).

My question is;

does this then include my AS level and my Critical Thinking AS? (It says nothing about not including subjects?)

The thing that threw me was the 'to be obtained for 3 A-levels' part.

I will have 3 full A levels but I also have other things (plus an EPQ?)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by likeasong)
    Okay so Aberystwyth Uni have given me an offer of 300 ucas points 'to be gained from 3 a levels'.

So, I assumed that this would mean that I would have to get three b's - 100 points from each grade.

However, I have an AS in Drama that I didn't take up to A2 and I also have an E in Critical Thinking (I know... why?).

My question is;

does this then include my AS level and my Critical Thinking AS? (It says nothing about not including subjects?)

The thing that threw me was the 'to be obtained for 3 A-levels' part.

I will have 3 full A levels but I also have other things (plus an EPQ?)
    Im not 100% sure but i would assume they want 300 points from 3 A2's to be on the safe side.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Alot of the universities I applied to didn't accept critical thinking, so if it doesn't specify the electives should be ok to count towards the 300 points. But I agree, try and get 300 points from 2 A2 just in case.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.