Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

How long does it take study one A level?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kinda random, but does anyone know how many hours there are in studying an A level?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    well i did health and social care in a year i had 4 as lessons and 4 A level lessons a week (2 1 hour and 2 1 hour 20) and then we were recommended to do at least the same again at home
    so rough guesstimate..
    lets say 18 hours a week... for 9 months.. so if recommended minimum hours - 648 hours... 27 days ... start now dont stop dont eat drink or sleep and you could do it in month ... theoretically...
    x
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by porcelainwhite)
    Kinda random, but does anyone know how many hours there are in studying an A level?
    Supposedly it takes 360h on average.

However I'd guess that if you're smart and not in a classroom you can do it a lot faster.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    my teachers always said you should do 6 hours of extra work on top of lessons. But this includes homework, revision, further reading etc. Still didn't happen for me though :ashamed2:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I'm in revision mode. About a week.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    probably like a week 2 weeks if you just studied.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    For one A level?

10 hours a week for 8-9 months at AS is 320-360 hours.

10- 11 months at A2 at 10hrs/week is 400-440 hours.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I reckon if you dedicated 6 hours to the A level a day (excluding weekends) you could probably study the whole thing in about 2 months. Having said that. I'd say probably longer for sciences (due to the fact that theres so much to be learnt).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the grade you're looking for, how fast you can read and write and how good your short term memory is. If you're good at all of those you could probably get a C to an A in 30-40 hours of studying and doing past papers plus some serious cramming before the exam.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.