Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Religious people, do you ever strongly consider your faiths?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    Because you can see into other dimensions? :lolwut:

Also, "grammar" doesn't have an "e" in it.
    I absolutely love your avatar. What a woman!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffieFlowers)
    I absolutely love your avatar. What a woman!
    Thanks

I'm kind of obsessed

So much so that "such fun" has entered my day-to-day language.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixie A)
    Firstly, God doesn't force people to do evil things. They make that choice themselves, you can't hold God responsible for that. Evil came into the world when the fall happened, not God's fault. Lastly, evil is the result of not having God, just like darkness is the result of not having light
    But how can not having a god result in evil, i dont believe in god but i still have a moral conscience? look at the crusades surely they were evil? I dont know I may just be a cynic and a sceptic because coming from an irish catholic family ive had relgion shoved down my throat all my life
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    Good - benefits humanity, evil - detrimental to human existence.
    Well, yes, morality is subjective because people think in different ways. As for whether a sense of right and wrong came through evolution - possibly, I think it's construed from the instinct for self-preservation though.
    Not very clear when we've got massacres and lots of discrimination popping up around the world is it?

So, Christianity is clearly a religion.
    How do you know what benefits humanity? How would you know that if there wasn't something that taught you that, something to model that of. That something is God. How can a sense evolve? True the world isn't perfect but that's not Gods fault, as I've said before evil is the result of not having God like darkness is the result of not having light.

Christianity is more than that, it's a relationship between you and God. That means you actually communicate and know the God you serve not just worship blindly.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    Do you find it frustrating arguing about religion and trying to convince deluded christians that God isn't real? I sometimes wonder if I should stop trying to wake people up and just live my life, however I want people to find the truth and become more critical and logical about things. What about you?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nacho King)
    Do you find it frustrating arguing about religion and trying to convince deluded christians that God isn't real? I sometimes wonder if I should stop trying to wake people up and just live my life, however I want people to find the truth and become more critical and logical about things. What about you?
    Lol :rofl: you're trying to wake people up?

Pretty sub-par efforts so far...I would suggest you stop wasting your energy on this noble cause of yours...we are all quite awake I assure you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    But how can not having a god result in evil, i dont believe in god but i still have a moral conscience? look at the crusades surely they were evil? I dont know I may just be a cynic and a sceptic because coming from an irish catholic family ive had relgion shoved down my throat all my life
    Because if you truly know and love God then you wouldn't act in a evil way or cause pain and devastation to others, you would act with love. But how do you know what right and wrong is? Did humans not learn from the being that created them? Yes it can be frustration and put you off being a believer but you should be a believer because you want to, not cause of your family. Get close to God, you won't regret it, promise. Don't get me wrong, it won't be easy but God will help you and will never leave you, EVER.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    well I dont mind at all people believing in God, Id never try to ram my atheiest views down their throat but id expect the same vice versa i cant stand people who preach and expect everybody to believe in god. I think we can all live along side each other aslong as we respect each other views and dont think people who dont belive in god are any less a people/ have less of a moral conscience or infact bad people just because we dont believe in something that hasnt even been proved to be true
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Lol :rofl: you're trying to wake people up?

Pretty sub-par efforts so far...I would suggest you stop wasting your energy on this noble cause of yours...we are all quite awake I assure you.
    You're obviously not, you believe in a man made myth and dumb fairytales, ignoring all evidence and logic because of emotions and faith brainwashed into you from birth. You would say that though because people in cults never believe their in a cult.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    But why do you have to "wake us up"? how can you wake up a person that is wide awake? Why is it your personal mission to ruin what we have? Our faith may not make sense to you, but it makes perfect sense to us. call us deluded, but salvation is freely ours as well as yours. God is the only logical explanation for everything. I suppose you believe in the big bang theory and evolution?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    But why do you have to "wake us up"? how can you wake up a person that is wide awake? Why is it your personal mission to ruin what we have? Our faith may not make sense to you, but it makes perfect sense to us. call us deluded, but salvation is freely ours as well as yours. God is the only logical explanation for everything. I suppose you believe in the big bang theory and evolution?
    There is no logic to God, how do fairytales that defy physics and other laws of science contain any logic?

I am interested in the pursuit of truth and reality, I don't like people getting manipulated by propoganda. Also religion ruins lives and society (however it can have positive impacts) and I think it would be better for the human race if everyone was critical.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is no logic to God, how do fairytales that defy physics and other laws of science contain any logic?

I am interested in the pursuit of truth and reality, I don't like people getting manipulated by propoganda. Also religion ruins lives and society (however it can have positive impacts) and I think it would be better for the human race if everyone was critical.
    Right i can sit here and argue with you till i'm blue in the face, but you never going to change you mind and neither will I. But i will leave you with this. Science can't explain everything, only the existence of God can. "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Science can't explain everything, only the existence of God can.
    Which God?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a problem with religious people who have actually spent time to think about their beliefs and made their own opinion
    finally, someone normal
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomclarky)
    Which God?
    God the Father, The I am the i am, Jehovah, Yahweh, El Shaddai and he Lord God.

That's God. (all same person just different names.)
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right i can sit here and argue with you till i'm blue in the face, but you never going to change you mind and neither will I. But i will leave you with this. Science can't explain everything, only the existence of God can. "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9.
    Science can explain everything, as in it has the possibility to do so. Currently it doesn't (not even close to explaining everything), however I would much rather learn more about the Universe and how it works than be satisfied with 'God made it.' It's fine to believe in God but when you say "Science can't explain everything, only the existence of God can," you've crossed a line.
    • 26 followers

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Oh all the time. I always try to see things from multiple perspectives
    Trust me, they aren't enough :wink2:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y-y)
    finally, someone normal
    Um lol? Have you read his comments on this thread? He has an issue with religion itself and he thinks that theists are not awake and are deluded. Yet the above quote you replied to does not portray that.

This nacho guy is a living breathing contradiction.

Posted via TSR iPhone App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SrijanParmeshwar)
    Science can explain everything, as in it has the possibility to do so. Currently it doesn't (not even close to explaining everything), however I would much rather learn more about the Universe and how it works than be satisfied with 'God made it.' It's fine to believe in God but when you say "Science can't explain everything, only the existence of God can," you've crossed a line.
    How have i crossed a line? You and I both agree that currently science hasn't explained everything. Science can't explain how the atoms that caused the big bang got there, or how amino acids turned into life (no-one has been able to recreate it for example the Miller Urey experiment couldn't even explain in). So the only other logical thing is God, I work by logic and after weighing up the other options God is only logical thing that explains everything.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    How have i crossed a line? You and I both agree that currently science hasn't explained everything. Science can't explain how the atoms that caused the big bang got there, or how amino acids turned into life (no-one has been able to recreate it for example the Miller Urey experiment couldn't even explain in). So the only other logical thing is God, I work by logic and after weighing up the other options God is only logical thing that explains everything.
    That sort of defeatist attitude is not how humans have advanced to the stage we are at today.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 23, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.