Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cliffhangers!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone name me some shows with GREAT! cliff hangers that keep you wanting more, or shows with a fantastic storyline that keep you wanting more?

A show such as prison break did this really well, any more?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    For me it's definitely Dexter - the character development and portrayal is simply phenomenal.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    For me it's definitely Dexter - the character development and portrayal is simply phenomenal.
    Yeah love it! I've been watching it, only about one episode a day due to exams, but today i watched 6 episodes back to back :P On last episode of 4th season, going to do a Dexter 'marathon' tomorrow, I've nothing to do, had my last exam today

Any other shows you recommend?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iLoveRobSwire<3)
    Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones

Seen Breaking Bad, loved it! Can't wait till next season

And :O I might consider Game of Thrones but only been 1 season and second started, i wanted something with a few seasons :P
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any other recommendations?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IgorYakov)
    Yeah love it! I've been watching it, only about one episode a day due to exams, but today i watched 6 episodes back to back :P On last episode of 4th season, going to do a Dexter 'marathon' tomorrow, I've nothing to do, had my last exam today

Any other shows you recommend?
    I watch shows for characters that interest me, so the only series that really comes close to Dexter for me is House, but that doesn't have many cliffhangers in it. I also really appreciate good storylines, so Prison break works for me too. Other than those I mainly watch comedy really, but I have been recommended the Mentalist for the character (and I think it has some cliffhangers for you too).
    • 163 followers

Lost did fantastic cliffhangers.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    I watch shows for characters that interest me, so the only series that really comes close to Dexter for me is House, but that doesn't have many cliffhangers in it. I also really appreciate good storylines, so Prison break works for me too. Other than those I mainly watch comedy really, but I have been recommended the Mentalist for the character (and I think it has some cliffhangers for you too).

Aah right thanks!

Breaking Bad has FANTASTIC characters and storyline, its rated the same as Dexter, and people say its near perfect - i totally agree! Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Other shows like Scrubs has fantastic characters too
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Lost did fantastic cliffhangers.

I was thinking about watching it so I might start Thanks!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    As said above, Game of Thrones and Lost are probably the best two TV Series for cliffhangers. Game of Thrones (I have just finished the season 2 finale a couple of hours ago) is now my favourite TV show ever.
    I am also about to start The Wire. I don't know about cliffhangers, but from what I've heard it's and incredible show.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spicey)
    As said above, Game of Thrones and Lost are probably the best two TV Series for cliffhangers. Game of Thrones (I have just finished the season 2 finale a couple of hours ago) is now my favourite TV show ever.
    I am also about to start The Wire. I don't know about cliffhangers, but from what I've heard it's and incredible show.
    Yeah supposed to be the best TV show EVER! :O

You watching off netflix? or got DVD's?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just bought the box set! I'll be watching all over summer
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spicey)
    Yeah I just bought the box set! I'll be watching all over summer

Aahh cool!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Shield seems cool, anyone seen it?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There's this Danish series called The Killing that is absolutely amazing. It has subtitles but that doesn't affect it. We were hooked from the first episode, now that the second season is over we just want more and more (my family and I).
    (Watch the original Danish version, don't watch the American re-make - the subtitles are worth it).

Damages is also fantastic, that's another one we were hooked on from the beginning. We'd end up watching 3 episodes in a row after expecting to only watch one because the endings just make you WANT MORE.

Burn Notice is also good, the main storyline gets absolutely fantastic and we never want it to end.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sezzasays)
    There's this Danish series called The Killing that is absolutely amazing. It has subtitles but that doesn't affect it. We were hooked from the first episode, now that the second season is over we just want more and more (my family and I).
    (Watch the original Danish version, don't watch the American re-make - the subtitles are worth it).

Damages is also fantastic, that's another one we were hooked on from the beginning. We'd end up watching 3 episodes in a row after expecting to only watch one because the endings just make you WANT MORE.

Burn Notice is also good, the main storyline gets absolutely fantastic and we never want it to end.

Thanks! I will definitely check these 3 out, starting with The Killing!
    If you have any more please come back and post
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sherlock.

One year long wait to find out what happened
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blacklistmember)
    Sherlock.

One year long wait to find out what happened

I know!! Damn! Such a good ending! - Dont click spoiler if you're yet to watch, just in case :P I haven't said anything to give it away though, but it'll probably give you an idea.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Aaah, writers are going to have to give us some interesting explanation Hows it possible! :P I think i have a hunch
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IgorYakov)
    I know!! Damn! Such a good ending! - Dont click spoiler if you're yet to watch, just in case :P I haven't said anything to give it away though, but it'll probably give you an idea.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Aaah, writers are going to have to give us some interesting explanation Hows it possible! :P I think i have a hunch
    even i kinda, but its not a perfect explanation

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.