Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

macbook pro with student discount

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Helloo,

I wanted to know if I were to buy a macbook pro with student discount is it worth getting the applecare for £48. I tried googling it and the general consensus is that applecare is worth it. However, I did find a few people saying there's a contract between NUS and apple where you get 36 months warranty without applecare, is that true? Seems a bit farfetched to me

Thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got Apple Care throw in for free when I bought mine but I spend an awful lot of money on the 17in so it may of been included in the price. But it is worth it. I had an issue with mine, called up and spoke to a very helpful customer service rep who had another model ordered exactly the same spec as mine to be shipped from China.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If you're buying online, it's not worth it because you get the 3 year warranty HE contract which provides the same 3 year hardware coverage as Applecare.

The only benefits for your £48 would be you get 2 years extra (instead of the one year) phone support and it's international coverage. However, the latter point is disputed as I have heard of cases of people who have moved abroad having the HE 3 year contract honoured.

If you're going to buy in-store. Absolutely get it because the 3 year HE contract isn't provided in store sadly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    PVisitors is correct, you will get a free 3 year hardware warranty included in the student price. However this is only for HE students and not for FE.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 16, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.