Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Exchange rate advice urgently needed!

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Although I live in Kenya, I would find this UK forum helpful, and have hope that someone will answer my query shortly. I'm currently doing ABE level 4 diploma and in ABE you need to register your yourself and pay the exam fees yourself, the student does everything directly with ABE. So, my concern is the exchange rate between Kenya Shillings (KES) and British sterling pounds (GBP); Today, 15th Jun 2012, the exchange rate is KSh132.0857 per Pound, so my query is in August will the exchange rate become better: that is, will the pound depreciate and become cheaper for me; anyone knows any websites that predict exchange rates? or can someone out there, who's dealt with exchange rates and has a lot of experience, predict for me whether the pound will become cheaper, depreciate, for me whose using the Kenyan Shilling by August 2012. I'm tend to ask because my teacher said that our college will pay as a class in August and I shouldn't pay now because in August the exchange rate will be cheaper for us (Kenyans). Please help me out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Currency drops are virtually unpredictable especially in an unstable economy, you'd be a very rich man if you could tell people by how much their currency will rise or fall. My advice would be to look at the previous rises and drops and try make and make your own hypothesis.

Here is a model of past KES to GBP.
    http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=CURRENCY:KES
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't post duplicate topics! This is extremely annoying! A topic which is the same already exists in "Advice on every day issues".

What is it with some people!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What you can do is split the fees into say 5 pieces and then purchase your Sterling in 5 lots between now and August. This will help to smooth out fluctuations in the exchange rate. You should however pay attention to the costs associated with changing your money, these may be increased by performing a larger number of transactions.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 16, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.