The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Geography B - Dynamic Planet 14th June 2012 (DISCUSSION)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yeah i did. it was okay i thought. btw did the first question about the two houses in the picture say:

describe two ways they are adapted or explain one way ?????????????????????????
Reply 21
Original post by gcseboy12
yeah i did. it was okay i thought. btw did the first question about the two houses in the picture say:

describe two ways they are adapted or explain one way ?????????????????????????

For the hot arid region i stated the following:

That solar panels have been used to take advantage of the large amount of sunlight and convert this into electricity.

For the second mark i wrote that the house had an overhang to sustain the place of shade in the house keeping that area cool for the inhabitants of the house.

What did you write?
Reply 22
Original post by jwf13
I've just looked it up on the specification and I think I've gotten a bit confused. As it said wide ranging and I've never been taught anything about holistic management, me and my friends thought you just had to talk about hard and soft defences as this would be a wide range. Apparently holistic magaement is a whole different thing. Sorry about that! :redface: :smile:

hollistic management was tough! I said it was a range of methods used along a wide stretch of coast. I gave the north norfolk example. Only get 3 marks max :frown: YOLO
Reply 23
Original post by NedSchool
For the hot arid region i stated the following:

That solar panels have been used to take advantage of the large amount of sunlight and convert this into electricity.

For the second mark i wrote that the house had an overhang to sustain the place of shade in the house keeping that area cool for the inhabitants of the house.

What did you write?

can u say that white and red walls used to reflect heat so the house doesnt over heat? and solar panels
Reply 24
Original post by jwf13
What did you write about, 'cause that was just one example, you could have approached it a few ways :smile:

I wrote about north norfolk, how in different areas they use different methods of engineering! hopefully there should be like a wide range of answers to be accepted
Reply 25
Original post by Nikhil_m
can u say that white and red walls used to reflect heat so the house doesnt over heat? and solar panels

I put shtuff about solar panels, and for the other mark i put it has a flat roof so you can place buckets on it to collect rainwater, literally had no idea what i was talking about, but in the mock we had in january we had a similar question and it gave a mark for that xD
Reply 26
Original post by Miaowzilla
I put shtuff about solar panels, and for the other mark i put it has a flat roof so you can place buckets on it to collect rainwater, literally had no idea what i was talking about, but in the mock we had in january we had a similar question and it gave a mark for that xD

yeah, bet there are like 20 gazillion answers for it! we're Ok, A* is in the reach :biggrin:
Reply 27
I think i got between 38-41 that's a good A,is it not?
wha gwanning people

did anybody have trouble with the oceans on the edge question (last question???)
if yes, what case study did you use ( i used the firth of clyde in scotland and the coral reef in australia)

btw i reckon i got 43-45 in the test i thought it was a nice test, not to difficult though a few questions threw me like the one previously mention above

what do reckon you got...
(edited 11 years ago)
ha gaaaaay got 100 percent
Original post by tazza ma razza
ha gaaaaay got 100 percent

well done bro :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending