Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Edexcel Geography B - Dynamic Planet 14th June 2012 (DISCUSSION)

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah i did. it was okay i thought. btw did the first question about the two houses in the picture say:

describe two ways they are adapted or explain one way ?????????????????????????
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcseboy12)
    yeah i did. it was okay i thought. btw did the first question about the two houses in the picture say:

describe two ways they are adapted or explain one way ?????????????????????????
    For the hot arid region i stated the following:

That solar panels have been used to take advantage of the large amount of sunlight and convert this into electricity.

For the second mark i wrote that the house had an overhang to sustain the place of shade in the house keeping that area cool for the inhabitants of the house.

What did you write?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwf13)
    I've just looked it up on the specification and I think I've gotten a bit confused. As it said wide ranging and I've never been taught anything about holistic management, me and my friends thought you just had to talk about hard and soft defences as this would be a wide range. Apparently holistic magaement is a whole different thing. Sorry about that!
    hollistic management was tough! I said it was a range of methods used along a wide stretch of coast. I gave the north norfolk example. Only get 3 marks max YOLO
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedSchool)
    For the hot arid region i stated the following:

That solar panels have been used to take advantage of the large amount of sunlight and convert this into electricity.

For the second mark i wrote that the house had an overhang to sustain the place of shade in the house keeping that area cool for the inhabitants of the house.

What did you write?
    can u say that white and red walls used to reflect heat so the house doesnt over heat? and solar panels
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwf13)
    What did you write about, 'cause that was just one example, you could have approached it a few ways
    I wrote about north norfolk, how in different areas they use different methods of engineering! hopefully there should be like a wide range of answers to be accepted
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikhil_m)
    can u say that white and red walls used to reflect heat so the house doesnt over heat? and solar panels
    I put shtuff about solar panels, and for the other mark i put it has a flat roof so you can place buckets on it to collect rainwater, literally had no idea what i was talking about, but in the mock we had in january we had a similar question and it gave a mark for that xD
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miaowzilla)
    I put shtuff about solar panels, and for the other mark i put it has a flat roof so you can place buckets on it to collect rainwater, literally had no idea what i was talking about, but in the mock we had in january we had a similar question and it gave a mark for that xD
    yeah, bet there are like 20 gazillion answers for it! we're Ok, A* is in the reach
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think i got between 38-41 that's a good A,is it not?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    wha gwanning people

did anybody have trouble with the oceans on the edge question (last question???)
    if yes, what case study did you use ( i used the firth of clyde in scotland and the coral reef in australia)

btw i reckon i got 43-45 in the test i thought it was a nice test, not to difficult though a few questions threw me like the one previously mention above

what do reckon you got...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    ha gaaaaay got 100 percent

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 23, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.