regretting only taking 3 A-levels

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aWildPidgey)
    That is possibly the worst combination of subjects ever
    WOW. Thanks for your fantastic input. Good job it's not you then. Have a nice night.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopingtobeadentist)
    Thanks! But is it more like writing creatively? Like suppose for 6 marker biology, you have to write specific points, is it the same for sociology?
    I'd say it's more creative as you don't have to write specific points per say like in biology, you just have to answer the quesion with an answer that makes sense which may not be on the spec... if you know what i mean.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    my friend was in the EXACT situation except she got an E in the jan exams and then a U overall for biology!! and after a mini interview thing with the 2 heads of sixthform they came to an idea that she'd be picking an AS course to do and she also chose to do general studies... and from september i think shes either goiung to home study and come in for the exams or she's allowed to come in for the year just for that A2 subject lessons and so she'd have 3 Alevels and general studies qualifications at the end of it yeah you've gotta put the effort in and she had a good reason and so they allowed her that option (considering my sixthform is really strict-.- lol) and so yeh dw ive got my biology unit 5 exam next friday OML just done my re-sit for biology unit 4 cus i didnt really put the effort in in Jan and got an E despite being predicted an B LOL :P .. A2 is much harder so be prepared and organised and study as you go along as this helps bring understanding to psychololgy and sociology exams (which i also do) lol okay il shhh now :L.. goodluck hun!! xx PS: i dont think you should start the whole year again, you could re-sit and pick up an AS - discuss this with the head x
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca94)
    I'd say it's more creative as you don't have to write specific points per say like in biology, you just have to answer the quesion with an answer that makes sense which may not be on the spec... if you know what i mean.
    Ohh yeh, so basically like history etc.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 16, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.