No
    5.97%
    I'm learning
    0%
    I used to be able to
    8.96%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I cant remember when i learnt to ride a bike but i do remember just getting on a bike with stablizars, then taking them off after a while.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was about 8 when I learned to ride a bike. Haven't ridden one now for about 12 years thereabouts, but I'm not afraid to try, I don't think it would take long to re-master it.

My daughter learned to ride last summer when she was 5 years 6 months (she smashed out her front teeth on the handle-bars in the process!).

https://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vi...00158818280669

(that's not actually her bike. It's a lad's bike who lives 3 doors down from us. She does have her own though - a pink one).

My eldest son is 4 yrs 9 months and he learned to ride a couple of weeks ago. I was so proud :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

(that's not his bike either by the way - his is blue - in case you were wondering why I bought my lad a pink bike lol. That's a neighbour's little girl's bike. They ride each others bikes all the time).

I do think it really is a standard thing to do as a child!

My 2 year old son can't ride yet He has just about mastered a 3 wheeled scooter though lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I can but unfortunately this was me . . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7095134.stm
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do use a bicycle all the time, just I don't do it on paved roads, I use it on off road trails as I do enjoy mountain biking.

As for when I started riding a bicycle, I was 4 when I started, though wasn't allowed anywhere near a street, only within the house compound.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palatial Veranda)
    I can but unfortunately this was me . . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7095134.stm
    He was in his own room! Doesn't make it normal, but still.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare~Bear)
    He was in his own room!
    I know, I can't help but feel that he was maybe a little hard done-by whilst in the privacy of his own quarters. It's odd but come on, it was only a bike. Would it have been the same outcome if he was trying to have sex with a calculator or a crisp packet? It's almost like the authorities have considered the years of emotional torment that the bike will suffer when handing out their punishment.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, of course!
    And I was about 7-8 when I've first learnt to do so.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, although I haven't ridden one for about 10 years...
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    If by 'ride' you mean present a serious hazard to myself, other road users and pedestrians.. then yes Haven't ridden much since I last came off my bike mind :rolleyes:
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had a trike, and then a bike with stabilisers, and the stabilisers came off when I was about 7 and dad taught me by running along behind me, keeping the bike upright as I pedalled

I didn't have a bike between the ages of 11 and 20, so I was rather wobbly and nervous when I got back on one. Six months down the line, and it's my main mode of transport

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 16, 2012
New on TSR

Talk about SQA results day

Join the chat ahead of grades coming out on Tuesday

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.