Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Firefox not showing videos

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firefox which is my main web browser is not showing any videos including Youtube Videos. I have windows Internet Explorer aswell which videos are playing fine.

Please Help?
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Firefox which is my main web browser is not showing any videos including Youtube Videos. I have windows Internet Explorer aswell which videos are playing fine.

Please Help?
    Got to the Adobe website and download the latest version of Flash player for your browser.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My computer had this problem. YouTube videos are just a black box. I tried reinstalling Flash Player but it didn't help, you just have to uninstall FireFox and then reinstall it again. If after reinstallation it still doesn't work clear all of your cookies.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just downloaded the latest Flash Player and video's are still not playing. I have reinstalled Firefox aswell.

Deleted cookies aswell.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get Google Chrome instead. It's far superior!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just downloaded the latest Flash Player and video's are still not playing. I have reinstalled Firefox aswell.

Deleted cookies aswell.
    I don't know what else to suggest, the reinstallation was all it took for me :/
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:

Deleted cookies aswell.
    maybe it's add on problem............disable the ones you don't need or install the flash add on which works for it.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    I came here to start a thread on this, so thanks for saving me the trouble. I've tried reinstalling Flash player, fiddling about with Adblock Plus and clearing cookies, but no good. I don't want to reinstall Firefox unless I absolutely have to - it takes me ages to get it all pretty again afterwards.... I don't want to give up FF because I am pathetically devoted to Colourful Tabs... I assume it's related to some kind of upgrade, since it's happening to a lot of people. Is it worth just sitting it out and waiting for them to fix it? (I'm not very technical.)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.